The Coco Shop

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by VeoDigital, Apr 10, 2011.

1. #1 VeoDigital, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
    Here we go again. Fresh off of my last 10 zip harvest, and things are still in motion. I have made a few changes in my shop, added a few products and will be going SoG. I am waiting for my Apollo's to finish, which are coming down on Tuesday or Wednesday. In the mean time I have all the time in the world to get this SoG rockin:metal:

Nutrients:

Gen Hydro floramicro & florabloom - 6ml/9ml gallon in veg,few weeks into flower, drop the micro and up concentration to 10ml gallon
    The micro is a 5-0-1 base with 5% calcium, and trace amounts of iron, manganese, zinc, copper, boron, cobalt, and molybdenum. The bloom is a 0-5-4 base with magnesium and sulfur added. I drop the micro in bloom on an 8 week strain at start of week 5.
    Botanicare Cal-Mag - 5ml gallon every other feeding
    Cal-Mag also has 2% nitrogen in it, as well as trace iron. I supplement with every other feeding, and drop about 5 weeks into an 8 week strain.
    Botanicare Silica Blast - 5ml gallon every feeding
    Contains 2% silicon, helps strengthen the plants tissue, allowing them to flourish in adverse environments. Great if you have heat issues, dry conditions, and cold nights.
    Enggy's H-2 by Advanced Nutrients - 7-10ml gallon every feeding
    Humic acid helps with micronutrient uptake, another food aid delivery system. I feel this is a must with every watering, it is expensive though at $30 a quart.
    Botanicare Hydroplex - 2ml every feeding in flower
    This is a new product for me, but others rave about it. This is a bloom maximizer/booster. The bottle states to use 2-5ml every feeding, I am currently running 2ml. A 0-10-6 base with available magnesium and sulfur, and other trace elements. Interested to see what, if any, are the benefits.
    Earth Juice Catalyst - 5-7ml gallon every feeding
    Another nutrient uptake with trace amounts of nitrogen, phosphate and potash. I also use this as a natural ph down. This is always the last product I add, and it always hits 5.5-5.8ph, hence the 5-7ml.
    Earth Juice Hi-Brix molasses - 5ml gallon every feeding in flower
    Another new product I have started using. It's only $8, it's molasses, enough said.

I use neem oil, and Organicide for pest control, alternate between the two if I see anything, or just keep up on the neem once a month. Pretty general really.

[​IMG]

To start, I am germinating 12 Jack White seeds, which will veg for 1-2 weeks in my closet under CFL's. They will then move into the flower tent.

[​IMG]

I have some other clones going as well that will enter the flower tent as I see fit, they have had a rough start and are behind, but are on the mend. Also germinated one blue widow, one critical +, and one burmese kush. They will become moms and supply clones every two weeks.

[​IMG]

Here is the tent currently, 4 Apollo's out on Tuesday or Wednesday. 2 Jack 47's, one Apollo and one 6th clone, all entered the flower tent on the 1st.

[​IMG]

I still have some work, cleaning and random shit to do. If anyone has any questions, fire away.

2. its nice to see youve started a new thread. im going to have to do the same pretty soon. i dont think ill make it very specific, just a "heres what im workin w/" type thread. your flower tent looks good, and i love seein beans starting in paper towels. i actually just started some myself, 1x G13 Lab Sour AK (fem) 2x TH Seeds DarkStar, 2x TH Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity, 1x TH Seeds Kushage, 1x TH Seeds S.A.G.E.

3. Is your Darkstar and heavy Duty Fruity reg seeds like mine were? I thought it was all fem seeds they were handing out.

4. yes they are reg. these are actually my first go @ reg seeds, other than just a few unknown bagseeds ive done before. im ready to try my hand at some breeding. im dying to cross these PPP w/ some of that grapefruit diesel. maybe something like pure grape diesel, pure power fruit, pure power diesel...... you get the idea hahaha

5. So you're only going to veg the new 12 for 2 weeks then go straight to flower?

6. I haven't seen a grapefruit diesel cross with PPP before, should be a sweet cross. I didn't want to run any regular seeds just yet just because I don't have the room to sex 24 plants lol

yeah pretty much, they may not even veg that long. Basically want them no more than 10-12" tall when they go into flower.

7. #7 VeoDigital, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    Hey guys, been a while. I had to go out of town again for an extended trip, which put a lot of stress on my girls me not being here. To update....

The apollo's came down, were awesome, I yielded 123 grams, slightly over 4 zips.

Of the 12 Jack White I started, one survived. I came back to a terrible powery mold/mildew issue on the tops of the coco in every starter container. Even the current flowering girls had some on their coco. The Apollo and 6th mums had it the worst, the tops were completely white, and I had to cut them down. With so much that went wrong I had to perform triage, and keep the ones that were able to be saved. This sent me into overdrive, I picked up some horticultural grade hydrogen peroxide to help combat it, along with some more nutes; Earth Juice microblast and Botanicare sweet. Also picked up a few totes for resevoirs, which I lined the outside with 3 mil black tarps, and also a 45 psi air pump. However, I am still fighting very small amounts of algae, I think, a real light whitish bubbles around the edges. Also, I think this pump is too weak to fully keep the solution mixed up, that or the airstone block I am using is too small. It is the 4 inch cylinder type airstone block.

I also picked up another tent which is 4x4, a 20,000 lumen 4 foot 4 bulb T5 fixture, and some fans. Hoping this will help with airflow, which it should, versus the closet which gets nill. In the flower chamber I have 8 ladies, 4 went in first on the 1st of April, and 4 more on May 2nd. In total, I have one of the Jack White cross, two Apollo, two 6th clones, two Jack 47 clones, and one mystery plant from seed. It is either a Jack White, Apollo, or 6th clone, apparently the label came off while I was gone and for the life of us we can't remember what it was :smoke:

Picked up a better camera, so here ya go.

Trying to reload, mix of strains from Attitude Promo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Here are some shots of the seedlings

Attached Files:

9. awesome dude, how big is your tent?

10. 6'4" x 6'4" and I have a tent that is 4' x 4'

11. nice grow man i like the setup and plans for SOG..i like the small sog style because you can always throw something into flower at any time and always keep your room full of flowering ladys.

good luck man!

PUFFER

12. Hey veodigital those plants are looking nice! having the tray in there is a great idea as well, because moisture builds into mold so quickly with those tent floors. what brand of bulb are you running in the flower room? I noticed you placed some smart pots on the bin to get them at the right level under the light with the other plants, and I would just comment from my experience with smart pots and mildew, that having them separated may help with airflow, don't mean to tell you your business just trying to help! I don't know if you always have it that way or if it's even a problem with those plants?

13. veodigital, i hope it's aok with you

return to GC with good speed!

14. Yeah man, been hella busy and the latest 10 day heat wave has been killin me. I think I am going to download the GC android App to try to post more frequently. It has been near 100 F each day, hardly any rain, but tons of humidity.

Since I do not have functional A/C, which blows, I haven't been flowering anything, and just have some ladies from the Attitude promo in my veg tent. Here is a shot from what I took down a few weeks ago. Smoke was really good as usuall on the Apollo's. The other has been interesting, mixed reviews. The Apollo (2nd picture) was a short single cola clone, that was too heavy to support itself when I untied it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ladies in veg, the larger mums preparing for flower. I am going to take some clones of each, clean out the growth underneath and flower them next week. Various clones and seedlings on right.

[​IMG]

Then I have my outdoor garden. 50/50 coco and promix with perlite added. The few cucumber plants and tomatoes look deficient in nitrogen so I have upped that this week. Just pulled some anaheim peppers and my second Bell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. its good to see you postin up again man. i thought maybe something had happened to you. your gurls are looking A+. i know what you mean about the heat as well. 2 window bangers and numerous fan for circulation and my temps are riding right around 87 till later in the evening. doesnt seem to be effecting anything though. hope all is well with you bro........ stay safe :wave:

16. #17 VeoDigital, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yep still good man, just got lazy on posting. You can only post so many of the same pics and updates that after a while it becomes very repetitive and no real knowledge is passed on or gained. Temps have been ridiculous, especially on my outdoor garden, apparently these cucumbers hate intense heat and need to be showered in water constantly.

I'm diggin this Gc forum app on my Droid. I would recommend it to you guys, check it out.

17. nice lookin crop :D

what are the inner and outer dimensions of you flood tray?
    is it durable? can it hold alot of weight?
    who is the maker of your flood tray?

18. #19 VeoDigital, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey thanks for checking in. The tray is a standard hydrofarm 4x4 inner and 4'9" x 4'9" outer, it is very durable and can hold considerable weight. A good strong tray is a must in any tent, really makes things easier.

19. So aside from my girls from Attitude with the lockout issues, here are the three mums that went into the flower chamber on Saturday. From left to right is Critical+, Blue Widow is the tall girl of the bunch, and bushy as hell Burmese Kush. Since I am retooling, Im going to flower these mums out, train and tie the hell out of them cover the majority of the tray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]