The classic "My parents caught me stoned"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DankPotions, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. You've heard it all before. My parents caught me, now they're mad and all that stuff.

So, ive been smoking for a good 2 years now. i started about halfway through my first year of college. in the first year i got solid passes all the way through, basically only scraping by. not sure why i didnt put all that much effort it, it was kinda stupid to be fair. maybe all the distractions: gaming, going out with friends and what not. but when the second year came around i started smoking weed to help me with my assignments. because lets be fair, you cant exactly focus on more than one thing when youre stoned lmao. so anyway, i would smoke up when i got off the bus and was on the walk home. this carried on through the whole second year and my grades improved immensely, i can now just slipped into university but nevertheless i decided to take a gap year.

i got caught a few days before this essentially because i got sloppy hiding it. i was at my friends house just chilling, playing some rocket league. i didnt have the intention to smoke at all. anyway, we invited our other friend to join us. and we we're all sat there chilling until we all subliminally decide to get some weed. we all knew what the other was thinking, we just looked at one another and said "kush?" i digress. it was already late at this time when we decided to pick up so i was expected to be home soon. so we smoked up had a great time. we acted out that dude where he's like "smoking big doinks in amish" it was hilarious. so i got maybe a little too stoned to hide it at this point, so i rang my dad apologising for the time saying that i didnt realise it and apparently there was something "off" with my voice. so, i got in to where my dad was checking my eyes and questioning me, so i gave in. the jig was up. so he started yelling at me as most parents who grew up during the drug war would, so he says go tell your mum what youve done. as i walk away he grabs me by the bag and yanks me toward him and pushes me into a glass cabinet and starts calling me names like "druggie" "low life" and how hes "going to kill" the people i smoked with, completely empty threats. so i tell my mum and then go to bed and despite the recent events i was pretty stoned and had a great nights sleep

well in the next few days they both gave me the same talk "it sends you mental" "it kills brain cells" "its addictive" all of which have been proven incorrect during the recent studies, but they already have that drug war propaganda in the heads, "its hard to fill a cup thats already full" and such. so on both occasions of them talking to me i kept calm and tried explaining the knowledge we have on weed today. i can say i got about 2 sentences before they cut me off and say im wrong, both so god damn ignorant. the annoying part about this isnt the name calling or the "im disappointed in you"s its the fact that they wont even listen to me. and they wonder why ive been "distant" from them all these years. i mean every parent says "you can talk to me about anything" but talking requires you to listen too. the only reason ive distanced myself from them my whole life is because i know i cant talk to them about anything, their meaning of "talk" is "ill just force my views onto you" i guess i just needed somewhere to vent

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sorry to hear you've had such a shitty experience with your parents. It's a shame they were not on the correct side of history which means soon the herb will be legal everywhere one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd be moving out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blessings...

5. I will be moving out sometime after Christmas. I mean, not like I'll be spending my money on weed so should be easy to save up

• Like Like x 1
  6. #7 Deleted member 983465, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018