The City...

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Not Grasscity, Detroit City.

What the is happening to my damn city?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061116/NEWS99/61116009/1003/NEWS01

'Detroit Police now say there were two gunmen, armed with a rifle and handgun, who shot five people -- killing two -- within 10 minutes this morning on the city's west side.

As crime-scene investigators descended on the shooting scene, a two or three block area near Linwood and Joy, police launched a manhunt for the suspected shooters in the neighborhood.

According to police, a 58-year-old woman parked in a Chevy Impala in front of the Angel Land Day Care Center, on the 8600 block of Linwood near Blaine, was killed.

The 58-year-old victim in the Chevy Impala was identified as Ophelia Fry, of Detroit, an employee at the Angel Land daycare-latchkey center that cares for children ages 2 to 12.

Bauford Carmichael, 65, Fry's husband, said his wife had been a cook at the child care center for five years. Fry also was president of her block club and active with her neighborhood CB patrol, he said.

“If you heard anything or know who these individuals are, please call us, the calls can be anonymous,” Tate said.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, also was offering a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.'

Redicoulous.

I know that woman, Shes a wonderful woman. Shes all about tuning detroit around and our communitys. I bolded the roads in that quote. Notice Linwood and Joy. I talk about Joy rd all the damn time. Linwood and Joy my homie joey lives off that block.

Ill talk to him tommrow and see what popped.

Its rediouclous though.

Why kill these people? These aient no gang bangers or no shit. What the fuck?

Gang bangers get killed, These people shouldnt get killed. Its against the code of the streets.

Im drankin on a fifth of some new bourbon i picked up. Gon get drunk and im already baked.

Out of adult ed at 1 tommorow.

All good.

2. damn yo, thats rough.

There was no reason for that innocent woman to die.

It's a fucking shame.

3. Its all some shit these days.

Last couple days been stressin me n makin me mad paranoid. Low on cake, Watin on mans to come through with these supposive killa prices. $800 a lb. Cheaper the higher i go. Get rid of em in the burbs for $150 a oz, $400-450 a QP.

But im dying here.

Then mad shit poppin.

Then see shit like this.

Makes me sad to live in the city.

Detroit is my life, Its my everything. I hear people all ima move here or ima move here.

Bitch, I aient leaving the Dirty Glove. I will probably move out of Detroit to get away from it with my daughter n all.

But ill never leave Detroit. The ole sayin goes. You can take the man out of Detroit, But you cant take the Detroit out of the man.

Detroits a unique place. We dont stop for lights or stop signs. You'll see cars 10+ deep 'swangin n bangin' down the street which is basically drivin real slow in nice cars swervin from left to right across all lanes bumpin screwed music.

So much shit. So much history, So much culture.

I love the city, I hate the city.

My grandfather did his own tatoo with a ink pen broke and a needle poking his skin. Did it on his knuckles. Love on one, Hate on the other. Its how he felt about Detroit.

About a month before his dismiss, He got real drunk and sad about how the city is, Took sand paper to his knuckles and took it off cuz he wanted to get away from Detroit.

Went to florida. About a month into florida. Got murdered.

33 years old. My pops was 13, Two younger sisters and a abusive drunken mother.

Dropped outta school, Worked 3+ jobs from then on. Fuckin 13.

See what the city does.

But i love it.

Fuck.

My minds fucked right now.

Mad, Mad everything. Was going to say one thing but its everything.

And so i drink away my pains.

Whas new.

Happened for generations.

Proud, mom and dad?

4. No disrespect but hasn't Detriot always been a violent city? I remember LA went through 3-4 months were alot of innocent people were getting hit in drive-bys/random shootings.

5. It has its periods. Its always been rough/violent. Shit back in the early 1900's with the Purple Gang was some crazy shit and thas a long ass time ago.

But for awhile, It was mainley the OG's had complete control. And you had to go to the OG to kill somebody, You had to have permision. Did it without permision. You get killed. So not many innocent people really died. For awhile had picnics with different gangs uniting and trying to put a rest to the gang related violence.

Not latley.

All i gotta say, Is i love my block, Ill never leave my block, My *****s need me.

6. It doesn't compare to that of alot of american cities, but there has be a huge increase in violent crime in Toronto too.

7. Bitch, Ima Detroit hustla, Push whips without the muffla, Loud, Nasty, Foul, Never flashy, If i meet ya sister she gon come home changed, Ill bring the freak out that bitch, Rick James.

I keep pistols, Not because yall made it an issue, This been official since middle school, You approach me wrong im out livin you, Im from Detroit where *****s is not feelin you.

8. man that is some fucked up shit, innocent elderly gettin killed for no reason:mad:

9. its gunna be straight homie man u know where im at

10. sorry to here about that woman man... that shit is sooo fucked up. that same thing happened in my neighborhood. a house was burned down, and a family of 5 was killed by a Bloods initiation or some shit cause the mother of the family reported to the police that there was a gang/drug problem ain their block.

baltimore is turning out the same way...

11. sometime's i feel like random groups of people try to gain street cred by going and blowing the heads off of some innocent people. i know in LA the only violence is pretty much between different neighborhoods, innocent people rarely get brought into it.

thank god for the peaceful suburbs is all i can say, growing up there may have been lame and boring, but i'd never trade it for a rough life in the hood. more props to ya KeepSmokin, not only for living the life i could never live, but for still being such a mellow cat while living it.

12. I got robbed in detriot, stole about an 1/8 and 10 bucks. Then on the way back to my friends got pulled over, the car was searched and avoided a possesion charge. Thank god for thugs, crackheads, junkies, and punks.

13. they listen to screwed music up north? Interesting.

14. Hell yeah we do. It aient jus a Houston thang anymore. Ive been bumpin screwed music since around the time of Screws death. R.I.P. DJ Screw.

15. Yeah..Ohios been bumpin Screw fo a long time. Come up to Cleveland, youll see peeps swangin and shit..Its all bout big body Chevys with Daytons and shit...balla ass shit up here.

You wont see gold grillz, up in tha C-L-E
    All you gon see, is kilos a snow, and pounds of weed

16. I dont wana sound like a dick but go to fuckin school and get the fuck out the the ghetto sell out thats what im gonna black white watever if you stay in the fire your gonna burn and dont you wanna set a good example for your daugther dont wanna be preachy but fuck em all your freinds and everybody you know its like crabs in a bucket once somebody you know sees you getting out there gonna pull you back in just say fuck it and leave but thats just my opinion and dont think im all high and mighty my dad was a basshead and im a dropout

17. Philly's much the same way man... We're pushin 400 murders so far this year... The sad thing is is that it's mainly innocent people getting stuck in the cross-fire of the warring gangs... Lots of children to boot... What the fuck is happening to this country?

18. If you read my posts you should know im in adult ed working on gettin my diploma.

But naa ill never say fuck all my people out here. These my people forever.

19. little nati has 100 or some shit..i dont know

20. your style of writing is so damn annoying i have to complain, im wondering why you use like little fragments and not complete senetences, i dono if its like your way of showin your gangsta image or never learned the right way but its tough to read n i feel like im listenin to the kid in the 5th grade class with a speech problem, its an online forum so do as you please i just hope you dont talk like that in real life
    and thats a shame that things like this happen but thats what i call life. there is little you can do bout it