The Church Grow-3 flower cabs(650w hps) (150w hps-156w of cfl) (400-true watts of CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by blooballs, Jan 21, 2010.

1. #1 blooballs, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    I hate starting this journal at week 8 veg on the "major" 650w hps Church scrog.So before we get to the other lets do that first: 2 5-gal bubblers- 1 GH POWERGROWER+ 1 5 gal homemade bubbler-with drain valve+ fill valve.The homemade jobbie has 3- 10" airstones(the cheap kind that crumble-I wont be using these again) 3-2-1 GH Flora Veg at 5.7 drifting to 6.0 PH (PH-Up-Down)+R.O water(always).I change the res every 10 days-flushing with plain 5.5 PH RO.These 2 are fem seed plants(yay pre-flowers) The tent is 4x4-6 ft high-dimple mylar lined.I use a cool-tubed 400w hps(Sylvania) with a 400cfm inline fan.Adding airsock tomorrow.And a 250w hps Hortilux(my first lamp).Both Lumatek ballasts.It's stays around 80 winter.I'll be trying out a water-cooled 1000w hps this spring/summer- see if we can maintain 80 come July.The last pic posted was taken at lights out(18/6) today.At which time misted the girls with House and Garden foliar spray.Actually the last 2 are from today-the first is from the 16th.

Attached Files:

2. my 150w hps cab(I really just put everything together I have because I ended up with 40 clones from the gals)+ 156w of cfl-6500K for the 7 day veg-2700K for 12/12.I made the bubbler-splurged for the big pump and fancy airstones.This is a 16 gallon bubbler-I put 8 sites in er but I'm only using 6.

Attached Files:

3. and finally...picking from my "boneyard"- a modified homebox xs-shrunk down to(because I stole parts from it) to 2x2x 28" high.It was all tore up, but I'm glad I kept it.And I finally get to play with my 2-200 (true watts) CFL's .LOL-this one ghetto-fab...dig the box fan exhaust.I did a little seamstress work(with zip ties) and basically sewed the thing up.

Attached Files:

4. I keep my nute regimine very simple.I'll add a little Open Sesame-5-45-19 during heavy bloom, maybe, but thats it.My cloning method is cave-man.Rootone plugs+ Botanicare Power Cloner(30 mils-not the 60 they recommend) so far-100% success on the clones.

5. I had to get into the tent right before lights on-snapped a couple shots

Attached Files:

6. pics of the scrog at lights out- Oh yeah...found out today was Jan 21...so the dates on the pics are wrong- subtract 2 days

Attached Files:

7. I also built the screen to the left(front) another day or 2 in veg

8. and the 150w hps/156w cfl tent is rollin- I'll be screening this grow as well, going to try chicken wire with this one.

Attached Files:

9. ad the rockwool cubes are soaking in Europonic rockwool conditioner as we speak.Tonight I'll rinse them with RO water and I'll get the 400w cfl scrog goin.peace

10. church scrog-Jan 23-last day of veg- screen is built out now into a 3 ft square- about 60% full

Attached Files:

11. made some net pot covers(reflective) with plastic cut-outs and high temp foil tape

Attached Files:

12. day 1-CFL tent-10 clones in 4" rockwool-1/2 strength GH Flora 1-1-1 (hand watered)+ an exhaust upgrade...if you wanna call it that

Attached Files:

13. tray is sitting on an inverted tray- and I'm not too sure where, if anywhere, that screen is going to end up...

14. day 2 12/12 650w hps Church scrog

Attached Files:

15. I made this 60CFM powered plenum/filterbox from foil tape, a cardboard box, some old cfl reflectors modified into little "riser" ducts attached, air-tight to the fans-like a curb-reducer.Inside the box are cut-to size charcoal filter screens.In this little cab-this thing pumps.Temps never above 80.Which...this strain seems to handle

Attached Files:

16. the larger 8" fan taps directly into the plenum via dove-tail connection on my ghetto duct-the smaller taps(always airtight) in the side of the filter box- the little 16" long-10"x10" "plenum" builds up some decent pressure- jetting the hot air up, and out.

17. day 3 of flower for the 650w hps scrog/ day 4 of veg for the 150w hps tent/ day 3 of veg for the 400w CFL tent

Attached Files:

18. kinda dead here, so I posted a link in the comments section of my profile to this journal elsewhere.Cant see taking the time to post if theres no interest.peace out