the church going strong

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ratty, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,
    new to the site and luv it so far, quick question, I have 2 female plants 1 bout 3 feet tall the other bout 5foot they both started flowering but as of yet no sign of any actual buds when will i start to see these oh yeah its been flowering for just over a week ill post pics hopefully 2morrow.

2. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1831409" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>ratty</TD><TD class=alt2>the church going strong
    <HR>Hey Guys,
    new to the site and luv it so far, quick question, I have 2 female plants 1 bout 3 feet tall the other bout 5foot they both started flowering but as of yet no sign of any actual buds when will i start to see these oh yeah its been flowering for just over a week ill post pics hopefully 2morrow. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Post a pic it will be alot easier for someone to diagnoses what it is, otherwise we are just guessing.:hippie:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

3. Give it more time, 1 week into flower you won't see anything yet.

4. Hi, Thought i would update with some pictures any sugestions or advice would be appreciated as this is my first grow if anyone would like to guess what yeild i should get out of these two females please feel free.

Attached Files:

5. they look like they're growing good to me.

6. hey ratty, how do u like the church, (just ordered some), does it grow good, any tips for this strain. mine are feminized from greenhouse seed co. it looks very nice, what was your routein: nutes, veg time, etc.

7. The Church is 100cdn for 10 Feminized seeds from hempdepot.ca

seems good compard to all the other feminized seeds!!!

Andrew

8. I planted these in my back yard in pots using regular potting compost, Sarted vegging late April. I am using Biobizz Nutes grow through the whole stage and bloom + top max + grow through the flowering stage. This is my first grow and I found it very easy, Im hoping its not just beginers luck looks like im going to get quite a good yield.
    I live in the Uk so I bought my seeds from my local head shop they cost around £15.00 for 5 feminised seeds.

9. thats what i paid. how many wks of vegging.

10. its outside and its been growing since about late april and are supposed to be ready by about early october so so far theay have been vegging for about 20 odd weeks

11. Looks to me like they will be nice and juicey and ready harvest in mid-october. You should get a decent yield, nice looking plants.

12. thanks how long will my bud take to dry in the correct conditions

13. 7-10 days to dry. Then you can cure it for 2 weeks to a month.

Andrew

14. Thanks for the info what do you mean by cure is that just extended drying time or some thing else.

15. Curing cannabis can make or break the great taste of your weed. The best way we've ever seen to cure marijuana was a simple hanging technique. Trimming marijuana is the trick. You want to leave some of the bigger leaves on the plant, don't trim cannabis down to the calyxes. When trimming weed you want the leaves long enough to cover the buds, this way they form a pillow holding all the thc crystals. Drying THC Crystals will fall off when the dry plant is handled or moved, this technique will eliminate thc loss saving your pot's potency. Also leave a big portion of stem on your plant, don't cut any if possible. Your buds will be absorbing the goodness out of the stem while drying. Cure your marijuana in a dark, dry, lightly ventilated area. Be patient, at the same time making sure the drying process proceeds at a reasonable rate. Wait until the small stalks snap when you try to break them.
    There are drying machines on the market. They can dry in rapid time. Some will debate that this process pops the thc crystals during the drying stage. Growers love to trim buds right off the main stalks to reduce time. Most farmers don't wait, the weed is sold wet, making yields increase and profits soar. Taste seems to come secondary these days. Organic growers love to introduce citrus fruits in the process adding flavour. A big screen can be used to lay the pot down on. Some like to place a sheet under the screen to catch falling off dried crystals. There are drying boxes on the market made specifically for this.:smoke:

16. Thanks greenfirst, That helps alot i will do that as i am drying my goods, i totaly agree with you with in refrence to wetness of the bud on sale these days i quite often dry mine once ive bought it. ive heard that you can also add flavourings i personaly think this is a bad idea cause i like the taste of bud and their are so many different taste and kinds to experiment with but just in case can this be done some say add orange juice concentrate to the grow before harvest is this true.

17. I walked out into my garden this morning and my plant is becoming covered in thc crystals It looks crazy cant wait to smoke it. ill post some pics tommorow hopefuly.
    Quick question aswell my plant seems to be drinking about 6-8 litres of water per day is this normal for the size plant i have which is about 5.5feet tal and 4.5feet wide.

18. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1846017" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>ratty</TD><TD class=alt2>Covered in Trichomes
    <HR>I walked out into my garden this morning and my plant is becoming covered in thc crystals It looks crazy cant wait to smoke it. ill post some pics tommorow hopefuly.
    Quick question aswell my plant seems to be drinking about 6-8 litres of water per day is this normal for the size plant i have which is about 5.5feet tal and 4.5feet wide. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PLants can consume gallons of water easily, this is very normal indeed. The only thing you need to watch out for now is mold in the buds. So watch your buds closely.:wave:

19. how do i determin the mold is it visable to the naked eye is it obvious or will i have to look out for it if i spot some how do cure/fix it.