The Chef's Continuos Grow, Indoor and out!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bakedchef, May 26, 2009.

1. Thanks for stopping by MissDank, Your journal look good glad to see others doing indoor and out ;).

The Lights have come on the fans are roaring and I think its... yes... yes its time for the...

Indoor Update :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::

Everything looks great after this mornings transplant :D, the Ladies have no ill effects and I've got everything flowing nicely now! Speaking of transplants the WW clones and the WG seedlings are all ready for a transplant into larger homes 1/2 full 3 gallon grow bags, till sexed.

I talked the Ladies for a little photo-op and they were totally cool with it :cool:. Also the Gentlemen wanted to show off their balls too. The WG ladies are looking great early flowering compared to the WW lets hope they get that WW crystal production too!

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking, labeled as always:

Till next time

Peace :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. Well here are the rest of the pics from last nights update, I walked away to roll a joint and my girlfriend hijacked the computer to play mafia wars till 3. with out further ado.... close-ups of the flowering Ladies

Attached Files:

3. Bump/ Photo update:

Here are some quick pics from some work from today.

Enjoy and Peace :smoke:

Attached Files:

4. Bump/ photo update:

Last night was a bit strenuous before I went to bed I checked the ladies and gentlemen and saw webbing in the cola of my male :eek:, damn spider mites! So I removed the males and harvested the best one, cut the other and seperated the ladies so no one touches anymore. Tonight I will heavily spray with safers!

Here are the photos:

Attached Files:

5. Bump/ mini update:

I heavily sprayed down the girls last night about 30 min before the lights went on with safers organic insecticide. The damn spider mite will pay!:devious:

I also am planning on releasing about 50-100 ladybugs about 30 mins before lights on, along with a heavy foliar spray of emerald shaman and superthrive.

Any one else watching how do you deal with your spider mites? I know tobacco works as a good deterrent against them but it seems to have no effect on a friends plants. Unfortunately he has a very serious infestation that seems to be spreading to his other house plants. o-well least they aren't my plants lol!

Good looks and Peace :smoking:

6. #26 fingerlikin, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    looks good chef! :D

were you able to deal with the lil bastards??

i hear alot about Neem oil, though I have no personal experience with it.

also 4tbsp of liquid dish detergent to a gallon of water, spray on foliage(undersides too)

predators like ladybugs, predatory mites will work as well, if you in CA you can get the ladybugs at Orchard Supply Hardware

7. Thanks for stopping by fingerlikin. Unfortunately the little bastards are still hanging on :( and I've noticed my fungus gnats are coming back but the ladybugs are doing their jobs for now!

I'm gunna spray them down again tomorrow morning after lights out, also I'm going to me doing all the transplanting of the little ones and clones. There will be many pictures today great weather and a day off equals fun in the dirt form me!

Till I return Peace :smoke:

8. Update Time with pics!

So the last few days have been really crazy for me, my boss was outa town for the weekend and I was in complete charge noon till midnight 5 days. Not to make excuses but I didn't put any love in to veggie room:eek:, I lost 3 clones and 4 WG sprouts to serious pests and dehydration! I composted my clones and decided that I would transplant the 4 WG sprouts outside to see if they would survive (outa room in the veg room again).

So after I cursed myself for being a lazy fat punk, I got around to the work. I transplanted the 2 remaining WW clones that survived the blight that took so many, and planted them in 3 gal bags. I also transplanted 4 of the healthiest WG sprouts to their new homes. Along with then I split the 5 WW and 4 orange crush clones from their square pot to individual pots that had held the WG sprouts prior to the move. I haven't decided if I want to make one of these OC clones a mom or not heard good things about the smoke but not much about growth (any help would be great).

After everything had been transplanted I used my new watering can , brita water, and a melange of nutes, AN jump start, B*cuzz growth, Superthrive, and AN Emerald Shaman.

Without further ado here are the new pics:

red stars= OC, Yellow red stars=WW, yellow star=WW mom bosai in progress.

Attached Files:

9. Bad News Bump:cry::

It looks as if my newly rooted clones were too well rooted in their little square container, and the transplant went very rough for them. Also it could be too powerful of a nute watering, but they were all heavily rooted so...

Any ways I flushed them last night before I went to bed because I saw it happening then and now they look worse a have lost one for sure I'm gunna water with straight brita water now.

Wish me luck,

10. Well it looks like 1 of the clones is dead for sure the 3 look like they may pull through in a month or so, the other 4 are looking better, definitely lost some leaves maybe a branch but okay. One of my flowering WW is getting over run with spider mites :( my safer soap is empty and they still munching away. The other 3 look a bit more in control so I'm gunna try and make my own soapy bug death liquid (borrowing from different recipes). I'll try and get some pics of the flowering room tonight, the buds are developing very nicely.

11. Photo Update :wave:

Well I'm here with some pics of my outdoor ladies and some new outdoor plants!

The new plants are 4 WG sprouts that looked worse for wear after my lack of love in the veggie room. The plants are looking about 10x better than when they where in the room.

The spider mite situation in my flowering room is taking a turn for the worst, my topped WW plant is being covered by webs and the mites are even down on the soil:(. I don't know what to do and am thinking of putting her outside and letting mother nature do her thing cause I have no bugs outside and too many inside!

Does anyone know about sulfer burners? I'm looking into them but I don't have great ventilation so am wary about it also how it works.

Here are some outside pics I'll try and get indoor flowering pics tonight!

Attached Files:

12. Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Photo Update :hello:: (indoor only pics)

Well for those watching??? it was a bad day today I went to spray down my ladies after lights out with some neem oil & safers soap mixture. I began misting my Topped WW plants and what did I see but the most beautiful web structure ever :eek:. So I decided that it was time to let mother nature have her :(. I'm hoping that by putting my most infected plant out side It won't spread to my other ladies more than it already has, aslo that the natural predators that are out there may help me deal with them:confused:.

More Bad news unfortunately is that I have offically lost 3 clones and my bonsai to be mother:mad:. I'm begining to see the flaws in my design and am truely kicking myself for not being real about the issues in the first place. Along with that I am unable at this moment to find the rest (20) WW seeds that I had not germinated yet.

On an up note my Outdoor girls the 3 WW girls are looking fing amazing! I'm thinking of taking some branches of of the 2 biggest to get the branches off the ground and also to clone them seeing as I need to replace my losses! Unfortunately that means my plans to have a bonsai mom have been put on severe hold seeing as she died.

I have been doing some research into buying some feminized seeds from:
    Marijuana Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds, seeing as they allow you to buy individual seeds like Attitude but a much much larger selection than the Pick-n-Mix. The strains I have been eyeing are:

1. Dutch Passion- Strawberry Cough
    2. Big buddha- blue cheese
    3. Big buddha- CHIESEL
    4. Big buddha- Cheesus
    5. Nirvana- Medusa

Maybe too many cheese decedents?

I've never tried any of these strains so I am interested in them, also I know I mentioned that I was going to be getting clones from some local clubs but have yet been able to get the time to visit any nor am I too impressed with what I've been hearing about the quality of specimens.

Here are the pics labeled as per usual, the unlabeled are self explanitory.

Attached Files:

13. damn dude ot a nice lil grow going on right there your self

if u got the room id take that stuff and do what u gotta do with it and re up on some hydro equip man u wont be sorry not sure if u can do hydro outside tho it probably be a hassle

never herd of white gum was it that strain that u r growing but i think u r doing white widow also and thats a very good choice, real good genetics, and indica dominant

cant wait to see those ladies finish up man, hopefully itll be soon

where did that bud come from on page 1 is that 1 that u raised if so very impressive

have a good night man!!

14. The plan is to set up a 3x3 tray and do a drip system or a flood and drain, or even a DWC, but I need alot more money to pull all that off with filters and stuff. As for outside they definately love my sandy soil the plants outside now are between 4 1/2' and 5' tall but it would be fun to have a hydro outdoor.

White gum is a strain of my own creation, I got a few bubblegum x AK47, grew that out and took my best male and pollinated a few of my best WW plants to create
    White gum 47 these are the first 2 plants that I have grown I got 2 males and tried to get some pollen but I dunno if it worked? I may keep one male from the White gum 47 I have vegging and try a recross on the WW and to a female White Gum 47 just to strengthen some favorable genetics.

Till next time Peace :smoke:

15. y do u need money to go hydro in a dwc like mine all u need is net cups

1.50 a piece ull need about 5 or 6 id go for 5

about what 5.oo for a 10 gallon rubber maid tub

drill 5 holes in the lid, all u need is some power toold for that and some hole saws, and if u gotta buy the stuiff u can take it back when your done with it and keep the receipt

bubblers, and a air pump thats about 20 bucks for tubing and everything if that depending on where u go if u aint already got a tank

ummm and if u want a water level indicator like i got on mine which is optional u can go to rumples thread on how to build a bubble bucket in advance tecqniques and follow the directs to that

i think thats it

ohh and u might need some rockwool, and some hydroton about another 10 bucks top so whats that like 30 or 40 bucks u got that dude,im telling u its sooo much better trust me

im doing soil until i run out of all the fox farm dirt i bought than its ALL hydro my friend

good luck

u r looking real good tho

i just worry baout u outside growers, u have less control, amnd take a bigger risk

good luck!!!

16. wow dude ill have to put u on my friends list u are headed down the same road i am

i just polinated my white widow, with my G-13x hash plant last night

i cant wait to get the off spring from that i cant wait to have MY OWN SEEDS that i actually made

last night i also crossed my G-13x hash plant, with a hermie lsd plant so we will see how that turns out also

u did give me an idea tho, when i do get these seeds of mine i will grow the g-13 hash plant x the white widow out as a female and cross it with the g13 x hash plant again to try to get more of the G-13 genetics back in the mix

i may do this a few times until i have all the char of the g-13 hash plant i can get

Tell me how u go about pollinating your crop my friend

we really need to keep up on each others grows

17. I'll agree with the friend add for sure, already sent.:hello:
    Watching my own strain grow is really cool. since its still the first cross all the offspring look totally different. So far the my 2 males that are dead and gone now had both very indica looking traits, i.e large fingered fan leaves, squatter growth.

The 2 females are different indeed. One has a much more sativa look, i.e branchy, thinner fingered leaves, but not as thin as the pure WW. The other is fat leaves, faster growth, earlier bud formation and its the first to show some crystals.

Ideally I'm looking for the earlier harvest time and more compact plant like the AKxbubblegum, but have the insane trichs of the WW (never seen anything frostier :eek:)

As for seed setting, i've read cantharis's way to do it and that sounds legit but i'm afriad of butting a bag on a bud that will cause moisture and heat and possibly mold?
    I was told by a fellow grower that when he wants to seed his plants he buds out his male untill its a day or two away from popping and cuts the plant carefully harvests the individual balls or just trims branches and places them in a jar of corn starch with an open lid for about 2 days, pulls out the branches and buries them then the pollen which is very light and easily blown around has attached itself to the cornstarch. Then takes a small artist pant brush, dips it in cornstarch and "paints" the buds on the lowermost branches. Turns the fans off for about 24 hrs and lets nature do the rest.

Thats how i've done it with moderate to good success lots of premies but the pollen was over a year old and improperly stored so... and my fresh stuff then worked great.

Rememer though each time you cross your plants with the G13 you could be losing many of the WW qualities too. I don't know the whole science of dominant vs reccesive genes in plants so I'm taking mine slow for the first time to see what really happens i'm gunna be doing lots of crossing because like you I will also be a future HTCC winner too!

Good Luck with the crossing! and thanks for stopping by!!!!

18. ol, maybe we will be in compitition together at the HTCC lool wouldnt that be something

never thought about the G-13 being dominant, yea ill have to come up with some type of strategy to keep the WW s crysdtals in there qwith the G13s fat buds

ur cross sounds good but i thought white widow was a indica ur last post made it sound like your WW was a sativa.... is it??

my G-13 is a g-13 x hash or haze or something like that i know i payed like 15 or 16 bucks for 1 seed that turned out to be a male lol

but its cool im hoping the fathers traits carrys over to the big fat colas for the widow and the widows crystals go on the big fat colas

if im lucky it may take a few generations for that

sorry it took me soo long to get bac i rented a BRAND NEW 2010 camero for the holiday weekend and have had to tear my self away from it

where u from man shoot me a pm im in indiana so hopefully u r close

dude i got ahold to some bobonic chronic thursday ohh my god dude u cant hide the smell when its in your pocket

its purple kush

its gotta be hydro, has a nice CLEAN high, no headache real smooth smoke there is purple in the buds but it dont look like much and its not the hairs that are purple its something else

u need more pics dude

i got pics of the purp kush but i dont feel like sending them tonight, or i mean posting them at least

its 4:16 right now

almost 4:20 pimping

night dude

u need more pics man!!!!

19. those plants look awesome in this pic man very nice dude, they look happy

lets get some more pics up dude!!!

wake up u r probably still asleep

wake and bake dude!!!