the checklist of supplies is nearly complete

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HerbIsGood, Mar 16, 2011.

1. So my rock dust and organic worm castings came in the mail today as well as the Diamotaceous Earth.

all thats left to get now is my soil and some bocking-14 root cultivars along with some molasses and neem oil. My entire grow will finally be paid off by next week in full.

this is gonna be a good year (i hope).:cool:

2. "bocking-14 root cultivars", do these work well? have you used them?

JaK

3. :hello:. I am not the only one stocking up early. Get some neem seed cake so you don't have to continually apply the oil. No bug problems for me this year as I already purchased some :D.

4. I've never used them pesonally, but I see a lot of people have recommended them. If I remember right a grower named Cantharis used Comfrey and said it was nice. Old Pork uses it too if I'm not mistaken.

how does the neem seed cake work?

5. #5 yoctown, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    Neem is systemic and is able to be applied to the roots meaning that after enough doses it will build its immunity up and be resistant to pests. Neem seed cake is the byproduct of making neem oil. It still contains some neem oil and works as an organic fertilizer breaking down in the soil adding nutrients and also makes it so you do not need to continually apply neem. Earthworm populations are known to increase in areas where neem oil is applied amongst other benefits (like taking care of insect problems before your plants are attacked ect.)

I wish I could find more posts from LD other then this one about it because I know he has a lot of knowledge about it. Much more then mentioned here.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/553745-make-your-own-soil-mix.html#post6847980