The chart thread..

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tetrahydrocanna, Jan 29, 2006.

1. dizzzzam, me likes!!!!

2. is this true?

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. [​IMG]

5. awesome charts thanks for the post!

6. excellent info thank you

7. [​IMG]

Here's my addition =)

8. Awesome info. man. These are so helpful. Better take advantage people. Thanks.

9. kick ass!!

10. nice charts! lol

11. Very helpful

12. Johnny Mnemonic..... +rep. Epic movie... 80gb of information in my brain... it's overload! hahaha Goddamn technology.

13. Since I am nearing the finish of my first grow and have found a couple veterans that assist me, I have decided that I value some of the things that I have learned and would like to pass them on.

Here is a small chart and paragraph that helped me to understand not only why balanced nutes are so important, but also that LESS IS MORE!!!

If you are having a deficiency, please look at this chart and re-evaluate your feeding schedule and nutes. Sometimes too much food\nutes\SALTS won't show up as nute burn, it will cause a deficiency!!

Please, if anyone has comments or would like to start a discussion, I am ALWAYS willing to learn!
    Elemental Interactions
    As one might imagine, nutrients often do not work alone in their effects on plant growth and development. Quite often, an excess of one nutrient can cause a deficiency of another. This effect is called nutrient antagonism. For example, an excess of potassium in the soil solution can interfere with magnesium utilization, and in effect causes a physiological magnesium deficiency even where the the soil supply of magnesium has been shown to be adequate. Another common antagonistic relationship is that of excessive phosphorus and its effects on zinc, iron and copper uptake. Some common antagonistic relationships are listed in the following table.

Fortunately, nutrients often work together in many instances to enhance one another. For example, use of readily available water-soluble phosphorus enhances utilization of nitrogen, and vice versa. Most nutrients are more efficiently utilized when in proper balance in the soil solution.
    Using TotalGro water soluble plant foods at rates appropriate for the species being grown allows the grower to maintain the plantings at optimum growth rates for maximum marketability and profit. All plants grow best within their own well-defined nutritional boundaries. These boundaries are species-and-variety-specific, such that when a particular plant is exposed to either the lower or upper limit, plant vigor and performance falter. This property of plant response to nutrient supply is better known as the Principle of Limiting Factors. Basically, this principle says that the level of crop production can never be greater than that allowed by the most limiting essential plant nutrients.

[​IMG]

This is cut and pasted from the OP of my thread, thought the chart and info was good.

14. great charts, very useful. thanks!

15. #37 jimdirt, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Awesome stuff,thanks everyone, everything in one place, great idea...i'd have given a lung for some of this info a week or two ago setting up CO2 stuff....

here's the effect of CO2 on photosynthesis, again, thanks to Ed Rosenthal, Soft Secrets Issue 3 :)

Peas,

Jim

Attached Files:

16. This chart shows why we need to speak in EC not in PPM. EC is a universal language while PPM is left to which meter you decided to purchase and could really screw up a grow if me and my truncheon said you should have your Matanuska at 1260 ppm, but i didnt realize you have the primo meter and 1260 ppm is over 2.5 EC as compared to 1.6 EC for the truncheon. Oh dam now I lost 2 weeks and x amount of yield. I am quite new to EC/PPm but this was pointed out to me by one of the guys on here and he told me to post here.

Attached Files:

17. #39 jimdirt, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    this is a good read:
    Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L. to variations in
    photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions
    Suman Chandra1, Hemant Lata1, Ikhlas A. Khan1,2 and Mahmoud A. Elsohly1,3
    1National Center for Natural Product Research, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, MS-38677, USA.
    2Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Mississippi, MS-38677, USA.
    3Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA.
    ABSTRACT
    Effect of different photosynthetic photon flux densities (0, 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 μmol m-2s-1), temperatures (20, 25,
    30, 35 and 40 oC) and CO2 concentrations (250, 350, 450, 550, 650 and 750 μmol mol-1) on gas and water vapour exchange
    characteristics of Cannabis sativa L. were studied to determine the suitable and efficient environmental conditions for its
    indoor mass cultivation for pharmaceutical uses.

Some charts:

Attached Files:

18. I literally dont believe that there isnt a great amount of people posting here. I guess because its a sticky. Awesome read!

• Like Like x 1