Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The change from being a teen stoner to a 20 year old stoner

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokeforbroke, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I just turned 20 a couple days ago, and I was wondering if anyone else ever wondered if getting stoned has changed now that your older?

2. #2 PalmPrePerson, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Yea, I realized how stupid, childish, drama causing my friends were and stopped hanging out with pretty much all of them. Still working on finding that new group of friends though.... Till then I guess my only friend will be some MJ.

I also realized that is easier to just get my shit done so I had time later to do what I wanted and then it was off your mind so your stress level could go down.

Lastly, take a couple of minutes off every once and a while and just sit back and think about live / things / or have a clear mind. Helps you make big decisions.

3. i think being older has just changed me as a person. you realize things better then you did when you were younger. getting stoned is still good times though!

4. I can't really say this is a "getting older" thing, but it is definitely a 'coming of age' maturity thing.

Keep in mind this happened the past 3 weeks or so of my life.

I didn't like the way I was smoking weed. I would smoke and do nothing productive, just sit around and shoot the shit, and then go to sleep. I felt entirely unhappy and unfulfilled. At the same time, I found it difficult to talk to people while high, as if I was more anxious or stressed out. I didn't like that either.

Then, I decided: Fuck all that shit. I dropped smoking and dropped masturbating for a week (still haven't masturbating, I'm just asserting my willpower for the sake of proving it to myself :laughing:). I cleared my head and thought of ways to positively apply myself. Lo and behold, I wrote several songs, came up with several ideas for businesses/products to make, and I'm even meeting a potential business associate for coffee tomorrow to discuss possibilities within our scope.

Once I felt a positive, productive shift in my life, I smoked again. Though I never had a tolerance to begin with, and I was toking on the same weed I've smoked before (when I felt shitty), I had the most energetic, exciting, thought-provoking high I've had in a long time. I came up with ideas for the business, talked to people with confidence, it was a complete change of pace.

And apparently the "anxious around people while high" thing went out the window too, because now my highs are much less frenetic. I went high to meet some cousins of mine from out of country tonight, and I had them cracking up and I kept conversation going, which I don't particularly do while high.

I can't say its cause I turned twenty (because I didn't), I just decided to invoke positive change in my life and I had the will power to follow through with it. Better yet; now that I know that I'm not actually cripplingly lazy, I feel much more free.

I'm not sure if this relates completely to your post but I'm excited about the prospects :cool:

5. ^^ Thats awesome bro :D

6. that ^ is good example. your attitude/mood can definitely change your high. a positive, active mind will definitely provide a different high than a negative, "lazy" mind.

7. haha you are 20.
    you got a few years to start slowing down, so smoke up :smoke:

all i can say is you better enjoy it man, you dont have a time machine

then you can take life seriously.

8. Its changed in a different way for me than most people I think.
    Instead of realizing that it's immature or stupid, i've learned to use it a different way than I did at a younger age.
    I use to just like to get fucked up with my friends, but now that I just smoke with a few people every now and then, It's more relaxing thing, and for inspiration.

Its not just for fun as it once was. :smoke::smoke: but its still fun:D

9. Thank you both! I hope I can inspire people because even understanding the concept that success is driven by effort and effort is driven by a motivation to be useful is a unique experience.

I feel like I've found a new horizon to sail to, it's quite the feeling.

I'm good on advice about anything really, so if anyone wants advice on self-improvement, or whatever, feel free to PM me. Life is too short to wait for a metaphorical door to walk through. Cut a hole in the fucking wall :devious:

10. [quote name='"Soccerguy420"']

Thank you both! I hope I can inspire people because even understanding the concept that success is driven by effort and effort is driven by a motivation to be useful is a unique experience.

I feel like I've found a new horizon to sail to, it's quite the feeling.

I'm good on advice about anything really, so if anyone wants advice on self-improvement, or whatever, feel free to PM me. Life is too short to wait for a metaphorical door to walk through. Cut a hole in the fucking wall :devious:[/quote]

Thanks you inspired me man. I start college in a week and I think I should take a bit of a break from the herb. I feel like I have that lazy negative mind. Also I need to get a job soon and testing clean would be a plus. Hopefully things work out.

11. I don't want to be that forum-father-figure, but you are starting off with the wrong attitude. Your brain thrives on the language that you speak. Saying "Hopefully things work out" is the most noncommittal phrasing you could have chosen. If you really want to succeed, you must dedicate yourself. "I will make it work out. I will make a plan and set goals and I will be the person that I actually want to be". Do you see how much more powerful the latter phrase is? It says you are in command of your own life.

I think an analogy between the two phrases is being a mile out from the beach. Your phrase is "I'll just stay here, hopefully the waves will push me towards the beach". Your new phrase should be "I'm going to take control and swim to that motherfucking beach because I want to succeed and I have the drive". You can't take a backseat role in your own life, or else the tides of life become all too strong.

PM me if you want to hear some good advice on the subject, I wish good luck upon you

12. "You can't take a backseat role in your own life, or else the tides of life become all too strong. "

Nice.

13. I used to cruise all my blunts, and smoke in some sketchy places, never worrying about the consequences. Somehow, I never got in any trouble with the law due to marijuana. However, now that i'm about to be 20, i find myself smoking in safer places. Way more cautious then I used to be.

14. Getting stoned has definitely changed, I went from using weed as a way to get fucked up to using it as a way to relax either alone or with a couple friends (ok, maybe I still use it to get fucked up once in awhile hahahah).

@ The guy who said it made him stop hanging out with all his friends, I think you need to consider that maybe weed changed YOU, not just made you realize what they were like. This happens to a lot of people, which is why I recommend to anyone I see weed drastically changing that they stop.

15. You can pretty much smoke with anyone and it will be fun in the right environment, even Hitler:D

16. Idk... maybe.. I starting smoking when I was 18 and would sneak around more. I also used to smoke a lot of weed everyday. Now I only vaporizer a very tiny bit around night time or if my tummy isn't feeling well. I haven't smoked in 6 months. I have come to realize I only smoked a lot of weed around my boyfriend because that's all he wanted to do... When I'm on my own I never get high during the day unless I'm sick.

17. Yeah it's definitely changed me. I used to smoke bud to have fun with friends and party. I realized just how immature some of my friends are so I stopped hanging out with them and started smoking by myself.

I'm done with bud for a few years though. I'm at the point in my life where I don't need bud to have fun, I can find other shit to do. I'm not one of those anti-mj people though, it just doesn't fit with my current lifestyle. I just have too much going on to smoke and buying is expensive. Fuck paying $50 an 8th, even for MMJ (Which is good for my area). If I do decide to start up again I will be growing. Dealers are some of the worst people to deal with in my opinion, and I've had some pretty good ones. I'd rather do everything myself and get dank ass bud for a tenth of the price.

18. lol op the answer is Yes. wen i was younger getting high was like the coolest thing ever i loved it . but now that im an adult with 2 steady jobs a wonderful girlfriend and my own apartment. the feeling of getting high is even better :D i get a warm proud feeling in my heart now that i didnt get wen i was a kid/teen lol its amazing man

19. I think its realization of fulfillment. To be able to look back and say "Look at all the good work I have done" is quite the experience.

20. Dude you sound exactly where I am mentaly in life right now. I basically have nothing really to live for or drive me. Iv been working the same dead end job for several years, haven't gone to collage yet, and have basically no goals.

I took about two weeks off smoking and decided there were aspects of my life I needed to change. I started organizing things better, I got more engaged at work, I got creative with my thinking and decided to change my life. After I started smoking again I cut back a little and now things are great.

I recently met a professional scuba diver who wants to train me and possibly hire me, and those people make bank. Weird how life throws that Shit at ya.