the cfl yield forum.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockerdaddy420, Aug 5, 2011.

1. >>Most important for relating to yield, is lsting( tying down branches) and topping. Both are an art and something you need to invest in mastering. Over quadruple your yield by effectively using these techniques. Worst part is at the end is when youll wish u did, bud wet to dry ratio is 1/4 of what you can expect dry. Try SoG because the even light of hps at the right distance will really benefit you and reduce plant stretching. something you dont want too much off. If your nervous about trying them out. make it an experiment with one plant this grow. you wont regret it

2. I;ve been looking into LST alot lately, but one thing when do I start?
    And I'd like to do a scrog in future, am germinating some white rhino seeds as we speak so I may do a scrog when I've got atleast 4 plants going and 2 of them will probably be hydro, cheers.

3. Varies.

4. Anybody want to chip in on the the yield they have gotten from cfl grows

5. Some more harvest results should be nice.

i should have some in a couple weeks.

got two girls in a 24x18x36 cabinet.

got 17 tops total.  super heavy LST techniques.

day 41 today. week 6 of flowering tomorrow.

expect to take them 8 or 9 weeks.

all the 17 colas are about a bic lighter tall and about two bic lighters thick.

6-42 watt CFL. tops are within an inch of the light.  temps at top of plant is 75F

6. Any cfl growers out there

7. I grew in a 3x4x6 space with 13 cfls (about 300w) grown in a 3 gallon pot with ffof. (Grown only one plant at a time) I got 2.5 ounces off a golden goat bagseed from colorado and 2.2 ounces off a master kush from nirvana seeds. The first pic is matter kush and second is golden goat

Attached Files:

8. #70 Tbone Shuffle, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Not bad looking buds for CFL. I'm probably going to get a rep for CFL bashing but I can't help it. It's the most inefficient lighting you could possibly run next to incandescent bulbs. 300watts worth of CFL's are near the price of buying a 300w led panel.

The amount of lumens you get per watt is by far the lowest out of any possible grow light setup. CFL's are around 50-70 lumens per watt. T5's are close to 100 lumens per watt and so are higher power led bulbs like 50-100 watt versions. HPS lights are 140-160 lumens per watt and top end LED's these days are 160-235 lumens per watt.

You may save a little in startup costs just buying bulbs but you pay more for your electricity every months. Each one of those CFL watts doesn't grow as well either. 300 watts of CFL's is roughly 20,000 lumens. Barely enough to veg.

Paying for 300 watts every months you yielded 2.5 oz's. Roughly 70 grams. You're growing at a rate of .23 grams per watt. That's actually the worst growing efficiency I've ever heard of. Most people with a few grows under their belt can easily be the in .7-1 gram per watt range when using a real grow light. People growing with the current best tech led's are actually breaking 2 grams per watt. No bullshit. They're growing 9x the amount of bud per watt as you are.

I've seen 4.2oz's from a mars300 led light. Almost twice the yield as your setup and that light is 130 watts.

Step up to a real lighting system. You'll be so happy you did. It's worth every dollar. Parts are supposed to be in tomorrow.
    260W QB LED Kit