The CFL BudCase Chronical's

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by area 51, Oct 6, 2010.

1. a little something i got growing in the other half of this bookcase at the moment :wave:

maybe with this wil provoke a few posts and followers

Attached Files:

2. Just keep on doing what you're doing, area 51. The posters will come.

3. I feel ya man.. Almost pulled down my thread because of no comments.. I'm pulling up a chair and subbing.. Goodluck man.. Check out my grow if you get a chance.. Sorry so short, but I'm running late haha.. Girls are looking good.. I'll try to get back on later and be more talkative haha.. Later

4. I feel like this setup is relevant to a lot of peoples' experiences. I'll be keeping track of it!

5. as to the pots, lowes/home depot sell 2.7 liter plastic pots that i think work really well for taking a plant through veg. they are proportionately much taller than wide, which is good for deep roots.

since my setup is basically the same as yours, heres some tips about lights that i learned in the process of setting up my cab. if you're thinking about an HPS, i think you're going to need better exhaust than pc fans. likely going to need to spend as much on the fan as the lights. something like this. back to lights-- i really like my floralux 150hps, and many others are satisfied with the same light. the only thing id change is get a remote ballast, and put that outside my box. the ballast puts out a lot of extra heat. if you get a nice fan, im willing to bet that you could manage a 250hps with a remote ballast. but dont hold me to that

another good choice is high wattage CFLs. like the 125w or 250w bulbs. but again, if youre going to put more than one of those 125 watters in your flowing cab, then you are going to want more than just pc fans. ask midwestpothead about that.

hope that helps. course you could just stick with low W CFLs. working great for you so far. ;)

6. I have a 315 watt CFL multispectrum bank from Stealthhydro.com working wonders in my grow. I added another 100w of 25w CFLs and once my walmart restocks light to socket fixtures I'm gonna add another 100w. But I'm quite happy with the 315w CFL bank. Also search the DIY area for CFL fixtures there are some kick ass setups in there. My journal will be updated tonight or tomorrow if you want to see a fresh look at my girls.

EDIT
    other than that your plants look great and like alatar said posters will come especially once you start flowering.

7. thanks for joining the show ill be stopping by your thread in just a moment:wave:

8. thanks hendrix this is something anyone can build for under $100 and i think it works great

9. when i switch to hps i will be getting a tent no way the bookcase could ever use that light to its full potential as far as the heat problems they are gone as the temps outside have dropped as i was planing and therefore its easy to keep my grow room cool i now will be embarking on my journey to regulate it within the range by just opening and closing the window

10. #50 FineKine09, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    ever?? :p idk, i think my bookcase is the perfect fit for the 150hps. they say to have 75-100 watts of HID per sq ft. so really the 2.5sq ft of my bookcase is pushing the limit of that light. Plus a similar sized tent will run you $140 from htg w/ shipping. My case was $60 with paint, door, hinges, and all. Plus that gave me two chambers, compared to just one if I had gotten the tent.

edit - i actually have 3.5 sq ft in my bookcase. 18in x 28in. do you have the same dimensions on yours?

11. Woot!! I had to stumble into here and no invite :(

I am along for the ride :D

12. myveg cab is 30x32x12 my flower part of the case is 40x30x12 so your talking maybe being able to flower a 2 ft tall plant the light is prob 6 inches and how far you possed to keep them for the top like 12 inches??? i just dont see it ever working with mine maybe your cab is deeper but i think the prob would be height

13. sorry about that meagain i posted a memo a few times in my other journal how do i sent invites???:wave: nice to have you along for another ride

14. I'm here too man looks good. I'm gonna have an all fox farm grow myself. Beans are in a paper towel since yesterday and lights are out for the girls for the next 2 days. Gonna harvest my girls then scrub down my grow room and put the new girls under the MH. You doing bag seed again?

15. yep bagseed again but last time im hoping

16. How many Ladies you plan to raise this round :D

17. 3 from these seedlings but if i get more girls thats fine i have space for umm

18. Germinate 6 and hope for a 50/50 ratio :) :D :smoke: :bongin:

19. ive had a time germing the 6th seedling i have went through 4 beans now and none of them have cracked i figures maybe my babies are telling me i have 3 gals already amongst them

20. If your doing the paper towel method of germination, take a cup of water and add 2 drops super thrive and soak the towels in it first, them ladies will want to sprout then :D:D:D