The Celestine Prophecy

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Natural Mystic, Oct 25, 2004.

1. has anyone ever read that book? and if so what are you thoughts on it?

2. IT'S A DANGEROUS BOOK.

although it 's filled with half-truths .

it's because it's half truth and because their are imposed onto the reader by means of rethoric propaganda as wholesome truths.

one must be very cautious when reading this book .

(yes I have read it)

3. well i've read the book.. it didn't seem dangerous to me. I have an open mind so for me i took those 'half truths' and believed them and expanded my mind with them. i know that most of the stuff in that book would never happen. but it was a good book imo.

4. The danger comes from the fact that these half-truths are presented as wholesome.
    If one is wise enough to see that, than the danger isn't anymore.. :)

5. wholesome.

good wordage.

break it down. yeah.

whole. some.

i'm poking my head at this book alot. it certainly does captivate the mind alot.

haha, i still think i'm a jedi somewhere in the back of my mind, so this one is quite a larf.

i too though will put out a word of warning, if you are a christian, you better have a "thick stomache"... or a thick something... haha. i don't know.

i've always been skeptical of "guidebooks" or "manuscripts" on how to live. but then.... living it....? hehe.

it does well to paint much of the picture, and for many of us, we might not have seen any of that part of the picture and so, in shock or revulsion, turn quickly away or upon it.

i've read it once, i hope to poke my nose in it more. there are some real scorchers of truths in there, and ya gotta feel a little compeled to find the lies, whatever they may be for you.

for many, this might be a whole new way of looking at things, and whatchya gotta remember is that it aint the whole truth and nothing but the truth. but what the fuck would i know eh? i'm just a loud mouth coward with a keyboard and a _ meep end transmission.

if i got a tip, it's don't get fucked up over it.

:)

theres some clever shrinkage and there's some stuff you'll have figured out for yourself, but this one is juicy. mehehe.

6. argh! why is my brain doing an impression of the cookie monster!?

:D