The Case For a Square Tent or How I Learned to Build a Lazy Susan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mook2707, Mar 26, 2016.

1. #1 mook2707, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    So I have a nice 40x40. I already wish I had gone 48x48 (for a 5th plant) but donebun can't be undone.
    Wasn't too long until I was having issues reaching those jerks in the back for watering and topping. Around the same time I picked up a led to increase my coverage and wattage. I was getting concerned that the HID ladies were getting jealous of the LED chicks and vice versa (grass is always greener...amirite?).

So I gets on the Amazon and start looking for a gigantic lazy susan. Turns out...they don't exist. But the hardware does! I get a 40" piece of untreated plywood, a 40" round oak table top, a heavy duty lazy kit and some 4" blocks. Some drillin and ascrewins later I pull out my plants, slide in me contraption, and eureka... Mook's radial grow chamber is complete.
    Now I simply sit Indian style (can we still say that?) at my open tent door, water at the ready, plants just at belly hight, and feed those ladies rotating my weed wheel for access.

In addition I do a quarter turn each morning to maintain equal lighting under my side by sides. Nobody is jealous; everybody is happy... especially my back.

Just thought I'd share a mininnovation. Happy Growing GC. <3

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

2. I like. Off and on I've been trying to find or conceive of a plan to construct automatic turning lazy susans (God, Susan is sooo lazy). I love the idea of rotating plants but I get flack from the wife everytime I head into the basement to tend to the girls. Do you have any pics of your girls if full flower show? It'd be cool to see xmas tree shaped plants with fat flowers all around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just discussing this subject the other day, ..lol

a lot can be said for ball bearings and ply ..lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here's the pic. I married a botanist so I kinda lucked out. She helped me on my first grows. Doesn't even smoke, but she loves to grow. Doesn't care that it's herb! ❤

[​IMG]

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 2
  5. all my #10 airpots (and saucers) are on big Down Under rollers from amazon. Man, they are fantastic. You'd be surprised how fast you can roll plants from the grow room to another room if stealth is a quick issue. And it makes it a piece of cake come harvest and planting time because I can roll them to the harvest room or the planting room, and I like to rotate them when they are growing. But I don't have to deal with a sloppy bottom of a tent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thats a good dream for me ...marrying a botanist ..lol

• Like Like x 1