The case AGAINST legalizing Marijuana...

Discussion in 'General' started by vuttomundo13254, Apr 28, 2013.

1. #1 vuttomundo13254, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    I believe the pro marijuana lobby has mislead the American people by tricking them into a false either or decision between the war on drugs and legalizing drugs. We dont need to legalize marijuana. There are smart middle ground alternatives that neither legalizes nor demonizes marijuana.

No more false dichotomies. It’s time for a real conversation about marijuana.
    Incarceration or legalization? “Lock ‘em up” or “Light it up?”
    These phrases have dominated the discussion about marijuana over the past decade. As a result, advocates – not scientists, doctors, people in recovery, disadvantaged communities, or young people affected by marijuana use and its policies – have been at the forefront of changing marijuana laws in the United States.
    We are a new group of professionals advocating for a fresh approach that neither legalizes, nor demonizes, marijuana.
    We need smart policies that reduce marijuana use but don’t cripple marijuana users with life-devastating arrest records. This commonsense, third-way approach uses science, public health and public safety principles to guide marijuana policy.

Instead of locking up marijuana users in jail, we should get them help and treatment. If Marijuana is legalized, the price drops massively and use especially among kids will go up. If Marijuana is legalized, it will be taken over by a big tobacco which will be marketing to kids. It causes an 8 point drop in iq. It doubles your car crash risk. Its linked to mental illness like psychosis and skitsofrenia. Only 7 percent of Americans regularly use marijuana while 25% use tobacco and 80% use alcohol and thats because legal drugs are widely available, cheap and used far more because theyre legal.

We dont need to add fuel to the fire by adding another mind altering drug to the mix. Now that doesnt mean I want you to go to jail for simply smoking a joint. It should be decriminalized where u have to pay a fine for possession of small amounts like what New York and North Carolina has. Thats the smart approach. We dont want to make the same mistake with alcohol and tobacco. Todays marijuana is far more potent. Its not the woodstock weed of the 60s.

Another thing the pro marijuana lobby is pushing is smoked marijuana. Smoked Marijuana is not a medicine. Opium has medical value, and it is called morphine. Marijuana has medical value, too — but just as we don’t smoke opium to receive beneficial effects, we dont need to smoke marijuana to get its medical value.

It is important to distinguish between the whole marijuana plant material and individual components within the marijuana plant. Some constituents of marijuana, including THC, are available today in pill form called Marinol. The whole marijuana plant material, on the other hand, has thousands of unknown and carcinogenic components that have not been accepted by scientific and medical authorities as medicines. Medicines are never supposed to be smoked. It should go through the FDA like any other medicine.

You agree or not about the smart middle ground approach to marijuana? Would you favor this middle ground approach over what Colorado has?
    SAM | Smart Approaches to Marijuana

2. Can you be any more ignorant?

3. I know.

4. I dont think dude knows what kind of forum this is.

5. Just a troll, move along.

6. Pretty miserable sounding "case".... no idea why you posted this haha.

7. Not possible, I got money on it.. Lol

8. OP, unlike your post, this forum tends to side with truth and facts, neither of which you have really presented here at all.

You should probably try a little research sometime before you start spewing utter bullshit, as basically the only thing worse than the actual war against cannabis, is spreading lies about it...

...unless that is your job, which we now suspect given your level of ignorance here.

9. GC Troll Alert:

Random numbers and letters guy is now OP

Just watching out

10. Legalizing it won't make a difference, people that live in Cali feel just as safe? You don't see parents moving there children out or anything, I don't believe there should be any fine for it, it is a drug but it could never be classified as one that is worse than tobacco or alcohol(which cause more deaths and violent crimes than marijuana) so why not make those illegal for recreational use also? Oh wait, I forgot its your god given freedom to make choices for yourself... I won't listen to any law that tells what I can and cannot do to my own body.

I am a pathological liar, don't believe anything I say as I don't know what I'm talking about and it is a lie.

11. Shut the fuck up

12. I can't figure out why such an ignorant ass hole would post something so anti MJ on a MJ sight!

13. dont even need to read a word of it.

There is no argument. Dont humor him.

I guess if your a serial killer in a mexican cartel you would have a good argument to keep it illegal. Thats about the only thing cartel members and the ceos of tobacco and pharma companies have in common.

14. ^ Exactly

OP just wants it so that the popo wouldn't harass people as much but I'm guessing he probably doesn't want people to be able to go and but it from the store either.

:rolleyes: :hide:

15. The only thing I can kinda agree with the OP on is how marijuana shouldnt be smoked. It should be put into edibles. However because marijuana is so expensive only the most lucrative of consumers will be able to afford it. So how do you lower the price? Legalize and let the free market determine its value, instead of the artificially inflated prices people have to deal with.

16. Screw buying it, I'd be growing so much shit in my backyard I wouldn't even care how much the price was. Stores and cigarette companies won't make shit as long as though lovely seed banks stay open ;)

I am a pathological liar, don't believe anything I say as I don't know what I'm talking about and it is a lie.

17. Any ground you argue, is nothing more than admitting defeat on the war on drugs yet still desire to deprive others over the right to do as they please to their own bodies.

This is False to a large extent. Not just advocates, but members of families suffering with illness that cannabis helped treat, people who were healed by it, and even just others who see its medical potential have been at the forefront, educating.

False, you are a group of "professionals" that is looking for a way to demonize every person's marijuana use as addiction, when in fact a large number of users have their shit together. I don't see how this way uses science even remotely.

You mean like it did in Portugal? Yes, it will. As people experiment with this drug that ha been demonized for decades they will realize that they were lied to, furthermore, other will realize its just not for them. Which in turn will decrease drug use by a vast amount. This is actually what happened in Portugal. What evidence do you have for your claims?

Ok this one is a funny one. Half the shit on this paragraph was half assed bull shit propaganda lies. Big tobacco won't be able to industrialize mj, mainly bc self growing will easily take care of that. As far as the other half of the paragraph, lmfao. Please research what you are talking about especially the iq remark.

Bullshit. You don't go around fining people for having a beer. Or a cigarette.

Smoked mj is not medicine I agree. Yet it's a treatment with far less side affects than much of the "medicine" big pharma has for you.

Don't try and use marinol in your argument, it only makes it that much worse...

I do not agree with this approach. It still demonizes mj, just in a different way. And it still takes away other people's rights.

No law should exist that limits a persons right to do with themselves as they please, but then again we don't live in a fair world.