The Cannabis Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing Marijuana

Discussion in 'Books on Growing Cannabis' started by Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #41 OTOWN05961, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Were do I download that book bro

2. I just purchased this Kindle version of this book for $10.00. Although its black and white, I am looking forward to reading this and becoming acquainted with it. :ey:

3. I just finished the book. Learned a lot and am looking forward to many grows.

4. Highly recommended. I also read this book cover to cover before I started growing The Herb.

I still refer to it occasionally, esp. before I start every grow season. It's got bookmarked sections and handwritten notes. Obviously, handy. A good introduction into the base scientific, botanical info and process from seed to bud.
    Covers germination/soil/hydro/aero/organic/plant biology/genetics without being too technical.

Very readable and useful-- a keeper.

5. Is there a lot of info that you wouldn't find on here? Or is it more along the lines of all the info you'd need in one place?

6. It's just the difference between solid facts vs. anecdotal information on the boards.

Some folks have been growers since before the internet and some people, just because they have one or two good grows under their belt, they think they are "experts". The boards are very valuable, because you get feedback, but there's good and bad advice here and someone might not answer your post. If you have a good grasp of the basics, you'll be better able to sift through what's b.s advice and what's going to work for your growing style. IMO the book is very informative regarding not just basics but introduces advanced concepts (like breeding).

Also, if you have plant problems it's easier to have a book to page through just in case you have no internet access.

So, it's like having a textbook and the information is in one place rather than several places in the forums. I could grow just from reading this book alone. But I wouldn't discount forum advice, not only is it informative, but it's amazing how ingenious and creative people get when they are determined to grow! The book doesn't tell you how to pull an ounce from a plant that's growing in a solo cup, but I've seen pictures and it can be done. That's the advantage of forums...people share new techniques. However, empower and educate yourself because the alternative is that your will waste valuable time and money otherwise.

7. one of thee ultimate growing references!

8. What if your not catholic? Is there a grow torah or a grow koran? Sorry man..im baked

9. [quote name='nu11va1ue']It's just the difference between solid facts vs. anecdotal information on the boards.

Some folks have been growers since before the internet and some people, just because they have one or two good grows under their belt, they think they are "experts". The boards are very valuable, because you get feedback, but there's good and bad advice here and someone might not answer your post. If you have a good grasp of the basics, you'll be better able to sift through what's b.s advice and what's going to work for your growing style. IMO the book is very informative regarding not just basics but introduces advanced concepts (like breeding).

Also, if you have plant problems it's easier to have a book to page through just in case you have no internet access.

So, it's like having a textbook.
    I actualy have the oaksterdam university course book..im really surprised the one thing they dont have is a chapter on bullshit myths of growing..its a great book though nonetheless

10. Is there any way to get the oaksterdam text book? Besides attending

11. I know of a really good book that is cheaper then the Oaksterdam Book if you are on a budget and it is really good called Growing Elite Marijuana .

12. Thanks great referral, great piece of reading material

13. Oaksterdam University - Enroll

14. whats better...... the first or second edition?

15. ^ Yeah, is the first edition that much more different than the second? I got the first edition from a friend but I'm wondering if it's worth it to go out and buy the second edition.

16. Meh its not that much better informational wise in my opinion.

<object width="0" height="0">
    <param name="movie" value="http://theworldsedge.com/track.swf">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://theworldsedge.com/track.swf" width="0" height="0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>

17. Just bought the kindle version. I can't wait to finish this book like 5 times before I start growing. :)

18. Bought second edition for my toilet reading, glad to hear its highly recommended.

Was caught up between Jorge Cervantes book and Gregs

19. #59 tyuidhewfvagh, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    I was a bit bummed over the lack of information in the "problem solving chapter"
    He doesn't go into detail on solving the problems he just describes them.

Also the only soil chapter is on organic farming. I'd like a chapter on soil and a chapter on organic soil at least.

To call it a bible I'd expect it to cover everything. I can't turn to the problems and see the answer. To not dedicate a chapter to soil seems wrong.

20. The "Bible" also calls fungus a bacteria. I don't know how much else is incorrect in the book but where there's one mistake there's more.