The Burden of Knowledge

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by E n i g m a, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 E n i g m a, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    You ever feel that you know something you wish you didn't?
    Now that you know said thing you will never think the same way about it?

I posted this thread yesterday and still no reply. lol
    I guess you blades don't know what it's like.

2. Actually have felt that way before, but I know nothing at all about anything soo..
    nothing to worry about i guess.
    [​IMG]

3. #4 youngsteezy, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    i know what you mean..
    it has almost ruined life for me

4. With Knowledge comes burden IMO. The more you know the more you wish you didn't know.

5. most things in life seem like a burden of some kind or another. we might tell ourselves we'd like things to be a particular way, but if knowledge reminds us it's not that way then who is really to blame for the disappointment?

6. With knowledge comes responsibility - you cannot act like you didn't know. However, if you choose to ignore what you know to be true at the time, the feeling of knowing what you know can start to leave you as you clearly aren't ready to have it. Becoming aware is part of our conscious evolution - you should never be afraid to know the truth.

7. Seeing life in its true colors takes away the excitement of it therefore life is unwanted.

8. Indeed, the knowledge I've attained is what made my life do a 360. It takes more than a knowledge of say arithmetic to kick a heroin addiction without having "hit rock bottom". Nowhere close to rock bottom actually. It's also a burden at times because I know what the consequence of actions are, so things I once thought were harmless (I always believed in karma) are now forbidden, and I've gone so far as to put certain things before even having a family or making a lot of money. I just want to get by with as much free time as I can have to progress. I'd be hard pressed to even find a girlfriend let alone a wife, since in this age it's near impossible to find a girl who doesn't want to have sex constantly (for me at least), plus it's not something I can really just come out and say like "Well we can only have sex 2-4x a month tops" lol

9. True knowledge, which is nothing like "knowledge" in the traditional sense, removes all burdens.

10. So the knowledge you attained brought your life right back where it was? lol

I experience that, I will read and manifest all sorts of information like medical information and change my behavior from there on out. Like I read that if you let the water run for a second before you fill your glass, you will ingest less minerals. So now I always do that.
    I can't really think of any good examples for myself right now.

11. I always thought it was the other way around.

12. ^Wisdom ^
    Knowledge

13. I want to know EVERYTHING

.. Unless its gross .. or just something retarded that I don't need to know.

14. Gosh I guess that video wasn't insight enough

Then again if I didn't explain it well that means I didn't understand it at all

Knowledge is nothing but a vanity. Why different languages are formed. If you try to enter somewhere and a gun man points a gun at you and shakes his head thats wisdom in the form of knowledge for wisdom is nothing more than survival skills. The knowledge you gain from that experience is to either come back with a sniper rifle, a flash bang, a grenade launcher or simply know to avoid that place