The Budbomb - Everything About It

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by BongBandit, Dec 3, 2014.

1. The budbomb Is a stealthy little pipe with a helix in it. The idea is that the smoke has to travel a long way to get through the helix and it cools down on its journey. I've had this pipe for about 1.5 years and I haven't seen a full list of its features anywhere so I'm writing this just so its out there.

I'll start with the helix. Its a good idea and I think it works well at cooling the smoke. The problem is you can't see how much is burning so you end up taking hits that are far to big to feel smooth. The helix also clogs with tar very quickly. You could say that is negative because it means more cleaning but it also means that the tar is not going in your lungs so i view it as a +.

The bowl is narrow but deep. I would say it is a good a sized bowl but it can be a bit tricky to pack. The beauty of the bud bomb is that you can pack it and put it in your pocket for a quick hit when you want so its ok spending a bit of time to pack a bowl before you leave the house. Just like rolling a cone.

Other cool things about the budbomb:

You can't break it
    You can put it in the freezer or bury it in snow for a smoother hit
    It has a big mass of metal so when you get it cold it stays cold
    It fits a 14.5 ground glass joint and also an 18.8
    You can remove the helix and fill it with carbon
    It won't smell as much as a normal pipe. It won't make you smell and it looks inconspicuous
    its super easy to use, take it out, take a hit, put it back for later.

Bad things about the budbomb:

Needs lot of cleaning
    Can get blocked when your out (need a pin to unblock it)
    Not as tasty as a glass pice

Over all I would say its the piece I use most. Not just on its own but as a bowl on my bongs. The only smoke that comes off it goes in your lungs, no wast and its stealthy. Its handy and its there when I need it and providing you don't lose it, 1 budbomb with last a life time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like the fact that it fits in a bong aswell. They should make more bowlheads that suffice as a bowl on the own as well.

3. Not a fan of metal, but definitely a neat little piece.

4. Yeah that would be cool. I wish I knew who designed it and who makes it because there are loads of nifty little add on's they could make. Different bowls, longer helix's, transparent tubes, wooden mouth pieces... Because the whole thing is modular and comes apart into lots of bits, the design would really lend itself to a wide range of replacement parts or even just a shit load of special editions.

5. I've seen one of these browsing an online store, never fully understood where you light it?

That's what she said

6. This looks like a vary nifty pice I might just get one for my bong how much are they priced at?