Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The bud tastes a little bit sweet when licked, is it normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nikoxo, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hello! I heard that some guys spray stuff with sugar to add weight,i decided to check my stuff for it and when i licked it it was a littbe bit sweet,like if you put half teaspoon of sugar in a 0.5 liter cup with tea,so is it speayed or is it just the normal taste of bud? thanks in advance

2. People do not spray there weed for the fun of it. People who ask you on the corner of the street do.. If a dealer wants customers hes not gonna risk his buisness for a couple extra squid is he?

3. You licked your bud?

4. Uhh uh I honestly have no idea never licked bud uh...

5. Why would you lick it?

6. If you smoke it, it will just turn to caramel, soo..

7. so youve only ever licked one bud and your asking for advice....you have to go lick normal bud and see for yourself if theres a difference

and if there isnt one spray some on the normal weed and tell us what it taste like....

8. epic thread.

9. Some weed is sweet, some is spicy. Why are you licking your bud in the first place?

Some unscrupulous dealers DO spray sugar water. It makes it look like it has more trichomes (more 'frosty') and adds weight, but it's very rare.

Does it get you high? Does it taste good when you smoke it? These are the important questions to ask.

10. WAY back in the day, we used to taste our buds to make sure they hadn't been sprayed with soda! (One 12 oz soda has 42 grams of sugar)

Now-a-days, I'd taste it to avoid certain cheap but sometimes legal synthetic unmentionables.

Granny

11. They still spray brickweed with Coca Cola in Mexico. It helps it stick together in bricks and adds weight. I've seen it done.

12. Smoking sugars pretty harsh on the lungs, you'd probably be able to tell

13. That is why I asked him how it smoked. It *is* very harsh and one will detect a distinct burnt caramel flavor.

14. [quote name='"SweetNsourchick"']People do not spray there weed for the fun of it. People who ask you on the corner of the street do.. If a dealer wants customers hes not gonna risk his buisness for a couple extra squid is he?[/quote]

What? They spray it with sugar to add weight silly.

15. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']WAY back in the day, we used to taste our buds to make sure they hadn't been sprayed with soda! (One 12 oz soda has 42 grams of sugar)

Now-a-days, I'd taste it to avoid certain cheap but sometimes legal synthetic unmentionables.

Granny[/quote]

Is there anyway to test it for said unmentionables? It honestly scares the daylight out of me granny.

16. [quote name='"KeepTheCycle"']

Is there anyway to test it for said unmentionables? It honestly scares the daylight out of me granny.[/quote]

She said shed taste it.

17. Right, but KTC is asking Granny if there's any way to test for unmentionables.

I'm sure there are ways to test for unmentionables, but I doubt it's something you can easily do (without special lab equipment)...and it'd probably be somewhat expensive.

18. Smoke it and find out

19. yeah that's right but i have only one source now