The Breeding Ground For Lies

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Drifting Dreamer, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Privacy is the breeding ground for lies

Do you agree with this statement?
    Do you disagree with statement?
    Does this statement make no sense at all?

Post your thoughts below!

2. Depends on the situation.

3. Haha I know what you're saying. For example, if I didn't have football (privacy from parents) I wouldnt of started smoking weed.

4. Yes that is what I mean. Another example could be giving kids privacy and allowing them to do whatever they want to do at school lunchtime, then they spend their time breaking the rules.

If you agree with the theory then it really boils down to what do you value more, privacy or honesty?

5. privacy is a screen of protection yes, but it is also a liberty and freedom.

6. #6 Drifting Dreamer, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Agreed. You raise a very good point,at the end of the day (if one believes this statement to be correct) then it boils down to whether your value your privacy or peoples honesty more. For example:

Would you rather live in a world in which everyone lies and has complete privacy, or a world in which no one lies but no one has privacy? (that means privacy of thought as well) 

Obviously this is an extreme. Not everyone does lie, I was simply using that as an extreme example so that it would be harder to answer.

Would you rather live in a world in which everyone lies and has no privacy ????  :yay: 

8. privacy is an illusion

9. Privacy only has reason to exist because of the ego. In reality we are like the cells of a singular organism. With privacy we fail to communicate and the organism fails to grow and prosper.

10. makes no sense at all. if you have privacy you have nothing to lie about.

11. Think about this.

Is devient behavior really devient if no one observed it and percieved it as devient?

Perhaps this breeding ground for lies is nessesary to protect us from an opressive society that wants you to live a certain way.

Are all lies bad?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Dang it Yuri, deviant***********************

Btw do you have dyslexia?

13. No i just type fast and dont proofread

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 Timesplasher, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Who owns the right to ask the questions which demand answers  if the answer maybe private?  and that is not legal evidence.

On the contrary. If you have privacy then surely that would lead people to lie about whatever they want. For example, you could tell me that you were a 54 year old Male that just escaped Prison. I most likely wouldn't believe that but that is not the point, the point is that you have privacy and because of that you chose to lie and because you do have privacy then no matter how much I don't want to believe your story, I will never be able to justly claim that it was false - simply because I cannot see beyond the veil that is your privacy.

If say, you didn't have privacy (that means any type of privacy, even of thought) then I would instantly be able to see beyond your lie and you would be caught red-handed.

Without privacy there would be no reason to lie. With privacy we may lie as we want and no one can ever claim that what was said was an untruthful statement.

This is very bizzare way of thinking.... Im wondering if you are either a) a teenager or b) a christian or ) both ? 

PS: Im a 54 year old male who just escaped from prison  :laughing:  and I like :love:  young curious christians  :ey:

17. you can't stop people from thinking what they will. if you have privacy you can ignore those whose opinions you dont care for.

18. #18 johnnyblays, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Privacy is not a breeding ground for lies unless the person is a liar. That has to do with someone's character more than privacy. If a persons character is deceitful, then yes they will mislead you in the open. And they know the truth in private. If a person is honest then what is in private will be the same. But people need privacy. And privacy should be respected. Because privacy also has to do with trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. The desire to keep a secret or hide something isn't always the motive behind wanting privacy. Some people just enjoy some personal space, physically and emotionally. Not everything has to be open to everybody at all times. Some of us just want a little bit of boundary between ourselves and the entire outside world.

20. ^ I agree. Some do. Yet, how do we decide to whom we put up those boundaries? What level each needs? We reveal ourselves to some and not others, or perhaps nobody ever sees the real me?

What if the need for privacy, over just a need for space, is what keeps us feeling separate?

It is a trust issue.