The Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PullThenTake, Dec 7, 2010.

1. I recently watched the breakfast club while i was high and came to a few pretty cool realizations. I had watched The Breakfast Club many times before and had never really thought about the message i found when i was lifted. If you're not familiar with the story, it's a story of five different kids who recieve detention and represent 5 different stereotypes of high school life in the 80's. There is a jock, the "it" girl, a bad ass, a geek, and a recluse. It is very obvious that all of them have problems but none of them seem to want to talk about them. A little over halfway through the movie, the badass goes to his locker and gets a sizable amount of weed. They all proceed to smoke the weed. When high, they all begin to talk about their problems, and they finally start figuring shit out. I don't know if John Hughes meant for this to be a message, but what i get from this is: if you're having a rough time in life and struggling to find yourself, just take a minute sit back and smoke some weed. It is the best medicine after all. :D

2. One of my favorite movies ever :D It really does have a serious message, and shows that just because there are different cliques and stereotypes, everyone really faces the same problems.