The Bread Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wow forty winks, that thing is beautiful. I'm drooling just thinking of the smell and taste.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. My girlfriend wanted a loaf of her favorite sourdough bread. This is 40% wheat,60% white and 70% hydration. It also has 2 tablespoons of a trio seed mix of Flax,Chia and Hemp seeds. This is only my second oval loaf. I'm still a virgin with the loaf shaping technique. DSCN0789.JPG DSCN0791.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Yay, fresh bread, love it!
    Thanks for the link. Here.
    Just had battery die-die, on my old phone and lost a good bit of access to photos however next bread batch, I will make sure to do a post.
    It's really hard to beat home made ... well, Anything, but bread for sure.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. That looks and sounds excellent TimJ. I've never baked my own. Always thought it was more complicated than y'all make it sound!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. #805 TimJ, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    It seems daunting at first, like anything new. But, once you get a few loaves behind you it becomes easier. I gave my older brother the recipe I use and posted on this thread. He is addicted to bread making and has only been at it a few months now. I've learned a lot from the folks here. Including Chunk and Coot. Nothing better than a sandwich with bread you've made or french toast on fresh sourdough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I made a basic sourdough bread tonight. DSCN0816.JPG DSCN0819.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. PXL_20210612_155158832.jpg apple sugar cinnamon roll type things for my daughter.
    Low effort in shaping, however homemade bread are always enjoyed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Looks delicious sticky.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I made a loaf last night, in the breadmaker, I found half a teaspoon of baking powder added with the yeast
    adds a cakey texture to the loaf, hard crust too

any bread weed recipes...?

cheers

• Like Like x 3
  10. Just add canna butter. Or infused coconut oil in your recipe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I mainly create off the cuff, so I always have to work backwards for a recipe to communicate, fucking pain in the ass, need to write it down as I am doing it. I do my stuff with a bowl with a lid so I can proof in it. Pounding it out and shaping can be half the fun- especially with additives.
    Weed bread recipe... I assume you would be using a bread maker, those operate a bit on the wet side right?
    I haven't used one since the nineties, and my memory fails me except it made bread much more slicable and soft.
    Using ground cannabis flour replacement of flour makes Hearty stuff we use about 1:3 cups cannabis flour to flour. Much denser. Make flower from whole plant minus stems or just flower, Decarb if desired otherwise fine too. I prefer not to have the vape taste quite as pronounced. It goes well with garlic loafs. If you really want high potency I would add about 3-7 grams kief decarbed to it and still leave the green uncooked.
    If your referring to getting actual cannabis flour from seed, one day I hope I can get it, I don't want to make it with my seeds.
    Why I want it- eating dead babies... It always seems a main component of solid work. Like a good malt sugar from the seed too- I wish.
    If you really want to get fancy with it, make some garlic canna butter and bast or drizzle over your bread after it has started cooking but not finished.
    I love bread... Got a pizza to make out of leftover dough from sticky stuff

• Like Like x 2
  12. Post your pizza's on the thread linked below so we can see what your making. I believe it's the only one active still.
    The Pizza Thread

• Like Like x 1

13. Hope y’all can view this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Love this guy’s format

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cool video. Charcoal powder? Not sure how it would taste.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wondering the same thing. I bet roasted dark malt could approximate that colour.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zucchini bread with walnuts still warm from the oven. 20210814_214625.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. UPS that shit 1st day air to me bro!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Banana bread muffins with walnuts and a couple Italian loaves courtesy of momma, nothing like simple things to make you feel like a kid again. IMG_20211017_161344929.jpg IMG_20211017_181946668_HDR.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 2