the blues

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by forty winks, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Might just be my all time fav. Best Blues player ever IMO!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The best original blues happened in the 1920's, but since they are not approved by Eric Clapton, the Rolling Stones, or Joe Bonamassa they are not well known by people, today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Years ago four of us bought tickets to see the James Cotton Blues Band and because of the venue's name, we thought it was an outdoor concert. So we filled up a cooler with beer and on the way we stopped and I bought an oz of Acapulco Gold. Well back in the day the pot was loaded with seeds and I didn't have time to roll them out of the bag. The concert was indoors, a small place with a bar so we had a cooler full that we started drinking in the parking lot after the concert. I rolled a bone, lit it up and James Cotton walked by, smelled the reefer and asked if he could join us? Of course, we were honored. As he was toking, the joint started to canoe because there were seeds in it and JC asked who rolled it. When I told him I did, he said come with me and took me on his bus, pulled out a cymbals box and rolled the seeds out of a couple of joints worth of reefer. Then I watched him roll two joints with one hand, smoked one with him and gave him the other. The one and only time I've seen anyone roll with one hand.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. "When I first heard him (Johnny Winter) I said he's one of the greatest blues players in the business."

Muddy Waters

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2

6. a note to blues lovers, Aretha's own hand picked Bio. Stoner Value: 9/10

• Like Like x 1
  7. Best post on this thread, yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1