The Black Panther Party

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kushifornia, Feb 23, 2016.

1. The Black Panther Party were the first ones screamin Fuck the Police .. i had black history as a class called african american studies & i remember the chapters covering this movement was mind blowin .. their anniversary isnt til October but hey not only did they make a place in history they stuck a foot in its ass!!

2. i think the black panters made a difference for the black people. And that's good.
    But as a white person when I think of them, and I'm sad to say this, I think of them as racist.
    I wish people wouldn't have to use an anti white people front to advance their agenda.
    As long as they do that, and we allow them yo do it, there is always going to be racisim.
    And that's to bad

3. ps I would take that black history class....sounds like a. Easy and fun a.
    Remember when will took black history from aunt Vivian lol

4. bunch of racists who advocated terrorism, what have they really accomplished anyway? Dr. Kings Ghandi approach served the fight against racism far better by not adding hate to the equation. There were even white ppl who marched with him.

5. #5 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    And there were even white people who marched with the Panthers. They weren't a group based on hate, like many of you are lead to believe. Obviously there were some members who were racist, but that's not what the group as a whole was about or what it's aim was. Most people have the whole story all wrong, and it's really sad to see all the ignorance that's still spread about them, to this day.

"Bunch of racists who advocated terrorism" lol, or a bunch of oppressed peoples who advocated self defense and standing up for themselves and the defenseless, FINALLY. Ugh, shit disgusts me...

Maybe do some actual reading of books on the subject, or talk to some people who lived through it, before you guys start spewing your ignorance on the matter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    Oh look, the White Panther Party, that you also never hear about, which is what one of the founders of the BPP, Huey Newton, suggested when asked, what could white people do to help? Start a WPP,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. I get fired up over this subject so I'll probably leave this thread alone, before anyone truly pisses me off.

8. #8 ad-noctum, Feb 26, 2016
    My gripe with them is on a theoretical level. They were Maoist and I am a left-communist / former anarcho-communist. Really, though, I try not to be sectarian on that level. Other than that, I think they were pretty fucking awesome.

Also, lol @ people calling the Black Panthers racist. Don't use words you don't understand.

9. #9 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    Prejudice would be a better word. But even then, can you really blame them?

10. Jenayyyyy!

Attached Files:

11. #11 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016

This honestly gives me the chills when he starts yelling, it really is very hard to get people to understand. To even get people to listen to you sometimes.

12. #12 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016

This part is one of my personal favorites, starting at 27:55

13. #13 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016

This all still rings true to this day...

Sorry, this stupid fucking thing won't let me post two seperate points of the same video....

14. The only way you can NOT consider the Black Panthers racist is if you hold blacks to lower standards of behavior in that context. I refuse to do that, blacks are just as capable of being racist as any other race.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016

I get what you mean, but many will say you need to hold the power to be racist. White people hold power. They can institute racist programs and laws at will. Which is why people say people of color can't be racist, because we are the ones being oppressed, we hold NO POWER. And THAT is why the correct word to use is prejudice.

But I honestly don't like that definition of racism and I DO believe anyone of any color can be racist, and believe they're superior for whatever reason.

And I still consider the BPP as a whole, as a group NOT racist. Because they weren't. Like I said, yes OF COURSE some members were, why the fuck wouldn't they be, what with the environment they were in? There's a reason they resorted to a Party for SELF DEFENSE and advocated the safe and responsible use of firearms.

16. #16 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    Well, let me rephrase, we do hold power, they just don't want us to REALIZE it. Which is why the Panthers are STILL DEMONIZED TO THIS VERY DAY, and you can see it JUST by some of the posts in here. The very idea of them SCARES white America.

I wish I could get some of the older brothas I know in here who could school all of you, and myself, on the subject, because I'm not very articulate when it comes to these kind of things.

17. If you can label all the Panthers as racist terrorists, I can do the same with police.

18. I also have no time for that revised definition of racism, it's utter BS. And I've read the old school Black Panthers manifesto, and if we're going to hold them to everything said in there, it's basically a black power/black supremacy movement.
    Was it a product of it's time? Yeah absolutely, but it's still the wrong way to change things. I have some sympathy for the old school Panthers, but these New Black Panthers are just lying black supremacists IMO.

19. #19 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    The NEW BLACK PANTHERS are in no way associated with the BPP of old, Bobby Seale, a founder has denounced them numerous times. They ARE just a racist hate group, they give the old BPP a horrible fucking name and it disgusts me and many others.

20. Seize The Time is a really great book written by Bobby Seale and I recommend it to anyone interested in the subject and some of the truth behind it.