The Black Keys

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sxesadie, May 22, 2008.

1. Wow I just fell into the Black Keys recently and holy shit they are amazing! I think they are one of the few modern bands that are actually really good. Anyone agree??

2. I haven't heard their music yet, but I've heard good things. What album should I get first?

3. The first I listed to was "Rubber Factory," I haven't heard the whole thing yet but the songs I have heard are great!

4. what are you talking about, theres a ton of good bands these days. as for the black keys they've been awesome from the start. i saw them at bumbershoot round 4 years ago, after they're first album came out, they jammed the blues tough. they covered 'she said she said' (beatles) and 'no fun' (stooges).

5. I haven't been impressed by nearly any new bands except Vampire Weekend and the Black Keys. But I've heard their version of She Said, She Said which was a great cover, I'll have to check out their version of No Fun.

6. DAMN the black keys are good. A buddy of mine introduced me to them tonight actually...

He's known about em for a while and we were out for a drive and he threw them on. I got all their CDs offa him and am very impressed.

Cant wait to figure a few of their songs out tomorrow

7. yeah, Black Keys are amazing. Akron, OH seems to foster some pretty good talent (the other being LeBron James). I havn't had the chance to listen to their new album but a fellow DJ at school reviewed it and said it was amazing. it is their first album produced in an actual studio, and it done by Danger Mouse, which is cool.

8. my own personal fave is thickfreakness (the album and song). there stuff is so damn heavy, i really did think the guys were black.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwp5iZD8wQ

~~~its funny, i first heard them on a punk-o-rama album. though they are nothing close to punk.

9. same thing happened to me last summer... woke up one morning and they were on some live concert feed at my buddies... looked em up and they were playin a show a couple weeks later in indy! uncle worked at the venue, so i got in free and took this girl i was seein

10. if you like vampire weekend you should look up "Pinback"
    "marching Band" is really good too.. they have more of the quirky sounding guitar like vampire weekend

11. do you live near indy?

12. yuuup

caught 'em at the vogue

13. I've seen the black keys 3 times in Tulsa, OK. They put on a hell of a live show for being a two piece band. You guys should definitely check out magic potion. It's their best album by far.

14. I love The Black Keys, they are a true orchestra of the blues and true gods of rock.

15. Always been impressed with them.

Great albums, but even better live, like any true blues band.

16. I am bumping this thread, i to just found the black keys and they are amazing. Very talented smart guys, i have heard 2 full albums so far, can't wait to see what else is in store.... i think "attack and release" is the beast album to come out in the last 20 years.

17. good band but not that impressed with the new stuff.

18. The Keys are unbelievable. I saw them live in Toledo and they blew me away. I plan on seeing them again in Detroit at the end of the month. When I listened to Chulahoma a few years ago I told myself "if I ever smoke weed, this is what i'm going to listen to."

It was a great choice.

Also, The Kills opened for them that tour and were fucking BA as well.

19. the new album is kick ass!!!! i have tix for the concert next week~:hello:

20. A friend of mine turned me on to the Black Keys a few months ago...

I was fucking surprised I hadn't heard of em until then, because they FUCKING ROCK!

:smoking: