The biggest brainwash in US history?? (Drug Companies)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gator, May 6, 2007.

1. Ever think that with all the propoganda and advertisements of the big drug companies regarding depression that we see everywhere we go today that it has manifested in the minds of people reading it to make them think they have depression? It seems like these companies have turned natural emotions like stress, fatigue and "feeling down" into a disease that needs to be treated. Does this make sense? almost like they have brainwashed people into thinking they have a disease..dont get me wrong I know that its a clinical disease that has hard science to prove it but I just think that the drug companies make so much fuckin money by brainwashing those who dont have the clinical disease.

what do you guys think?

2. maybe... but that is in no way anyones intention. i can see people thinking there is some big rich guy sitting up in a tower trying to make everyone think they are depressed, but i mean... seriously?

3. you never know fractal, I have once encountered the Pharma Baron before.. sitting atop his golden tower all smug. bastard.

But seriously Gator I know what you're getting at. Just like the whole ADD ADHD craze. There are so many kids unnecesarily prescribed amphetemines all in the name of cash and bad parenting. But I think our society many are becoming depressed to a certain degree. People aren't working out as much, they moving more towards cities and away from the countryside. Being around nature and being active are neccesary for most animals to live a normal healthy and sane life.

4. I think there's people who don't need medicine, that they just have no coping skills whatsoever, but they're are people who are truley depressed, and more often then not they're the ones who aren't getting any help.

5. #5 Knox, May 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I wholeheartedly agree man. What I have a problem with is that every other frickin commercial is for some manufactured pill that if someone needed, their doctor would prescribe them it!

http://www.annfammed.org/cgi/content/full/5/2/101

6. haha are you kidding me? yea, it's no ones intention to make more money :p