The Big Mango Theory

Discussion in 'General' started by mandmaz2, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hello, my fellow hippies, stoners, potheads, and all of you in between. I assume you've all heard about the thing where if you eat a mango an hour before you smoke or otherwise introduce THC into your body, it makes your high like 3 times higher. Now I couldn't really believe this because it was common, but not tooooo common among the stoner community. That is why, I am going to test this theory, right now. About 30 minutes ago I ate a big ol mango, and have a joint ready to spark. Hopefully I can lay this myth to rest, or I find a new way to get hella stoned. Honestly I hope this is true because it sounds amazin. Anyway, in about 30 mins I'll come back and tell you how I'm feeling. Cheers guys.

TH, DR; I'm testing out the 'eat a mango before smoking to get extra high' theory

TH, DR the TH, DR; mangos and weed dudeeee

2. Myrcene, that is all.

3. Decided to hit the bong, first snap about 2 minutes ago. I can certainly feel the effects already.

4. Is this something serious? I eat mangos and never have noticed this. Like it sounds too good to be true.

5. Smoking schwag I'm guessing?

6. This. Science, yo.

Myrcene allows the THC to pass through the blood much quicker, increasing the potency and duration of the effects.

7. I am testing this out tonight. How is it going for you OP? Are you three times higher then usual?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. The same is said about eating grapefruit 30 minutes before using heroin. I don't know if either is BS or not.
    It would be pretty cool if its true. A cheap way to increase drug effects.
    Good luck OP

9. I tried this a few weeks ago, and it was the shit! My boyfriend and I ate like 2 mangos, smoked a huge bowl, and watched Showgirls. Shit got intense, especially because the movie was insane. 

Then a few days later, we have friends over to rewatch Showgirls, because why not? I cut up 4 mangos and we all eat them and watch the movie. We also played a drinking game for the movie. Needless to say we got FUCKED UP. 

I cut up some mangos for my boyfriend to eat while he's at the house, and I'm on vacation. He forgot all about them, and they went bad.  :cry: