The Big Bang, its happening now.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by KaptainKush21, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Holy shit. Just thinking about it not with time is nuts.
    See I knew this thread would blow up. I knew other people thought about this to!

2. Is that a fact? How the hell would humans know that? lol Maybe it's the rarest in the solar system.

3. I am with this guy. I mean we just found a planet that is an entire diamond. No exaggeration. How do you know one is not made out of gold?(Question not directed at the person I am quoting)

4. That's what I'm saying. Scientists have not explored any planets besides Mars, how could they draw the conclusion that gold is the rarest metal in the universe? Sounds like a huge generalization

5. Its science. Certain conditions must be met for gold to be produced. Elements greater inthe periodic table then I want to say iron can only be created as the star explodes. Once iron is made, the star is dead because it puts energy into iron to try to break it or fuse it but it won't work. The star expands so much energy doing this it explodes. During this explosion, temperatures are hot enough to make all the heavier elements. The 3 rarest made elements are the ones in the same column in which gold is located.

It's not the rarest... It's the 7th rarest.
    Abundance of the chemical elements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia