The Bible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Iknuksohgong, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Would you care to share with us the place in which the Bible calls the world flat? Also; do You believe Edison invented electricity? Because a history book says that. And where is the actual proof or even science suggesting we have a damn clue when what we insist were lizards; which are definitely birds; were alive?

Rather than jerking your knee in anger like a blind man; take a read for yourself. No sense kissing up to teachers just to learn nothing.

2. Are you missing the point of Genesis or something? Absolutely everyone in the bible calls the shape of the earth a kind of circle, which is like calling my country "wide". It is not, not exactly, width. But do you comprehend the shape of the Universe? And do you understand what a planet even Is? Do you simply argue that the ones you have possibly paid dearly for a degree from do not agree with portions of a book written by Many?

The Bible is Not the Church. The Bible is Not a Religion. The Bible was written by many, and all of them human. And during that time, One of the writers was good. And only one; and you can notice that each of the nameless LORDs speaks differently. One of them misleads and demands destruction and genocide; and most are not wise and do not seek when they read, but seek what You seek, which is to argue for the worse and not the better.

Should you ask a child; What color is the sky? Do you believe they will say what you will say? If you should say; "Where is heaven?", do you not know it was said, "If someone tells you, look it is in the sky! Then the birds precede you.". And so you show your knowledge is without wisdom and coming from one who has read what they have chosen to you, and insisted common ideas of meaning.

If you can determine the meanings of what was written; you would not care for the physical modeling of the Earth when he speaks of the World. You would not mind the Sphere if you were considering topology or your city; but you are concerned with a story written by the liar Moses? Of course it is not accurate; it is a foolish man's tale. But you can see that at Chapter 2; when everything gets made a second time for no reason. Or later, when supposedly God fears Man? These are untrue; but there is no reason they should be.

It is a book of meaning, and of wisdom. But it is more than one text, placed together for a reason long forgotten to many and entirely lost on most. The Old Testament is a trap, a lie, an accusation against you, and a weapon of war. The New is a solution by explanation and examples to the religious of the time, who were doing things like having orgies and believing in priests over scripture, and misunderstanding as they were taught to misunderstand. And you also have been bitten by the First snake. And so be bitten by the second; lest you know only enough to damn yourself with lie.

And even so, it is to be made right; and your feel of the lie will be but for a moment. And then, understanding. He who has ears, let him hear: Scripture is meant by and witness of Three. The Literal is History, and for knowing History. The Instructional is for advice and natural law, and for this is was given. The Gospel is to complete the law; by way of perception and the third part. And understanding these three; you will See It. And it Is magic. Though the word Miracle does not show.

If you read the book as a fool; it will speak to you as a fool.
    If you read the book as a wise elder; it will speak to you as a wise elder.
    If you read the book as the worldly; it will speak to you as confusion.
    And this is the nature of the Worldly. And so they are All lost within the book, and do not see the Cross and the escape from the Law; the Freedom. Christ came clearly to Destroy religion; and complete the law.

And so; tell this to me. How many are the Commandments of the Father; and what are they? Or are you as I have said?

3. It is also unnecessary for any timeline to be accurate; for the simple statement, "With the Lord; a day is as a thousand years; and a thousand years as a day." With a Very important note; it is also as a hundred years; or as the case Very well may be - Million. Who is to say that the beasts made before man were not Huge? But if you will consider the dinosaur; you would be remiss to dismiss the Giant as far as mankind; though not Man per say. Rather; brutish and violent. Very much as we would expect the reversal of social adaptation to go.
    It is also worth understanding; Never has evolution been recorded, nor even suggested in the genetic body of evidence. Heavy, heavy adaptation; but no speciation. The key being that the species is still able to breed And have additional generations of those. The only example I can think of Today for such an animal is the ass and the horse; but I am not quite certain that's what's going on there because they are entirely unable to procreate in any sense.
    He who has ears; let him hear: The Bible is not one book. And it does not have One purpose. And there is not One Lord of Hosts. If your ear may Know Christ; you may also Know what is not Christ.

4. I don't know what I believe but I have different conflicting opinions on what people devote themselves to.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Balls...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1. Bluish/Teal
    2. 42.375
    3. Yes
    4. Berber Carpet
    5. Mercury
    6. Aqua Teen Hunger Squad

Thanks!

J

7. Can you show any Bible verses about this? Several would be great. Thank you in advance.

J

8. I haven't memorized verses over my years reading this BOOK. Find the "pillars of the earth"

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. A day may very well be a thousand years with God, but the creation itself specifically was not: 'And the evening and the morning were the first day'. Also the use of 'day' in Genesis comes from an unused root word meaning 'hot'. 'the warm hours'. It has non-literal uses but will then be defined by, and associated with a term and will then be translated as 'age', 'chronicle', 'daily' etc..
    Regards adaptation: there were original dogs. Now we have all kinds, some that look like the original wolf type, and others that look like poodles and sausage dogs. A child can identify each one of them as a dog, and each one of them barks. After thousands of years: It's still a dog. Adaptation is the unlocking of genes ALREADY in existence in the code which is not macroevolution. Macroevolution is a change in 'kind'.. i.e.: It's not a dog anymore. Dawkins once used an example of birds in the Gallipolis islands growing a longer beak (or so) once they moved to another island. He cited this as a macro-evolutionary example. He was intellectually dishonest here.
    Question tho: What evidence do you have that these beasts came 'before man'?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don't seem to be able to memorize verses either. But I don't worry about it because I don't see that as much of a study method.

So, what about the "pillars of the earth"?

11. [QUOTE="So, what about the "pillars of the earth"?[/QUOTE]

Consider the vast caverns in the earth's crust. Does that also imply pillars?

12. Job 26:10
    Isaiah 40:22
    Proverbs 8:27
    I think there are a few more....
    The words circle, circuit, compass, translated from Hebrew - "Chuwg" (Strongs Number 2329) and used in the context of these passages refer to a sphere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. They could be called pillars. Do you think they are propping up a flat earth?

14. I don't believe the earth is what we've been taught. I don't think it's flat, but none of the cgi pictures we've been shown, of anything in "space", are real. 9b dollars a year can buy a lot of lies.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. The ONLY evidence I know of is the listed order of business on day 6.
    The Bible teaches that death is the product of sin, and that sin and death entered the world through Adam. Dead created dinosaurs before Adam doesn't fit the creation story. That would be saying that dinosaurs had a millions of years lifespan.

16. Ok. Curious, what do you think the earth is, and why do you think none of the pictures are real? What are your clues? Just wondering why you think different about it than I do?

• Agree Agree x 1