The Bible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Iknuksohgong, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Then it wouldn't be called faith if it had hard evidence. That's why it's a belief that's faith. Your supposed to be tested

Sent from my SM-G550T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I belive it to be total bollocks. I think weed had something to do with it!
    I mean a talking bush...........wtf.

3. Reading the bible is what made me leave the church. No way jesus would like that pedophile cult.
    I really liked some of the stories too but how anyone can see it as more than an older Lord of the rings is beyond me

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Maybe it was a Burning Bush?

2985B182-74D3-4A1E-86D7-82053E769A9F.jpeg

J

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Perhaps the Acacia?

6. I was thinking the common stinging nettle perhaps LOL

If you’ve ever found yourself in the middle of a patch of it, and your skin feels like it’s burning you’d know what I mean. Boy did it get me good one day.

J

7. Apparently some Acacia contain a potent psychoactive substance which can cause people to have experiences that seem divine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Your words sound angry ?
    Why would you tell me to get a KJV bible when I already own several ?
    Why would you say not listen to Rome , when I never have …….?

I own a set of interlinear Bibles but it takes allot of time looking everything up manually .
    Why would you tell me to buy all these Bibles and dictionary's when I already own several copies ?
    Please stop telling me what to do ,,, when I already have done everything you took upon yourself to assume what I haven't done .
    That's a total wais
    I downloaded e sword about 20 years ago, its thousands of times faster looking up the words in its original languages then using my interlinear Bibles .

e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC

I am out of here brother ,,, don't like people assuming what Bibles I own and should buy and who I shouldn't listen to ..
    Everyone has the option to research out the truth for themselves by any means they wish .

Just because you or I have studied the Bible a little bit more then most doesn't make or give us any authority over any other believers or non believers .

God be with you …

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thats a heartbreaking image.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not for birds cruising around

11. Good point. Lol

12. #52 Deleted member 1049288, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2020
    edit

13. Everything we read or experience is supposed to be interpreted, to decipher what message God is teaching or sharing thru us.

"Though will keep him in perfect peace whose mind stays focused on thee."-Isaiah

"Never feel alone, the Entire Universe is inside you."-Rumi

14. I choose to believe God did it in 7 days. I have to. Integrity dictates it. OP: Maybe the 'everlasting life' is symbolic too? If I believe in one, I have to believe in it all. It's full buy-in for me. Besides resurrection and 'everlasting life' has got to be the 'bigger' or harder belief. Odd how Christians often think that the reward is literal.

15. How so, muzzers also believe this.

16. The Bible is the sword for a battle. But that sword is sharp, and two edged. Jesus did not bring peace, but war. And five will be in one house; Three against two and two against three, and one against all. Blessed is the one who can find peace in That house.
    And also the Bible is parable and lesson, prayer and even spells. The crafts forbidden are the Priest's craftings of lies and patriarchal dogma to protect and exalt themselves.
    And also the Bible is a lesson in a moment of History worth knowing something about. Those people blindly followed Religious leaders and did not or could not read the books they were being taught from. They did not understand Who is Who in the stories, or what the Lord of Hosts is in reality, or what part they are in, or that they were even ensnared.
    The Old Testament is to tell you what they Already believed. The Gospel is to tell you that's BS. The letters are just pleas for peace within Churches. And Jezebel was an awful person, that line didn't forbid women. And even if it did, that would be overruled, "She opens her mouth with Wisdom, she opens her mouth for the dumb, and pleads the cause of the poor" would not have been said if the Patriarchs were ever anything but liars.
    And how can we know the purpose of the OT? Again, "Neither I nor my Father will judge anyone; but it is Moses who accuses you day and night; who you Trusted.". Do you See?
    The point to the Bible is so that you can read the rest if you're stuck in a part of it. The keys out of a religion without gaining guilt or abandoning your God.
    It's Magic.

17. Do you believe the earth is flat? Says that in the bible. Where's the dinosaurs in the bible that came before people?

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bible actually says the earth is a sphere. Incredible considering it's a literary work older than nearly any other. It's possible that dino's simply lived with early man. With the shortening of lifespans (Biblically speaking) these reptilia just simply didn't live long enough to reproduce.

19. Bible verses regarding this?

J