the bible is repulsive

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DrFragenstein, Dec 30, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y]YouTube - The Top 10 Reasons Why the Bible is Repulsive[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6twSN8ZS_VA]YouTube - The Bible: Evidence That God Is Evil?[/ame]

3. If you want respect, you best post something other than just youtube videos. If I want this stuff, I can search youtube myself. Tell us something original.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sounds like a young... ferris buhlers teacher...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64]YouTube - Bueller Bueller Bueller[/ame]

5. way off that's ben stein and he's a believer

6. You know, i hate how much the bible is celebrated, and yet...Where's the proof that it was written by god? I find it more plausible that it was written by some fuckin' goon than "God".

Like what the fuck, how could you establish a religion based soley on what a fucking book that too date has no author.

Fucking mind-boggling what some people will believe.

That's why i chose to be a pastafarian. Because it's the same as everyother religion out there: A Joke.

7. What I find more repulsive are all the female put downs in the bible. Like in Corinthians 14:34 it says women should not speak in church, and if they should ever wonder about something, they should only ask their husband. Throughout the bible they reinforce this idea of how the man should rule over the woman and how women should simply be quiet and stay at home.

There's even a lot of passages about raping women and how it's okay to do so, as long as you give her father some money. Quite a few references to this. Imo some guy put in those passages and just said it was from god (see? it's okay to rape, god said so!). Imo some of the bible might indeed be from god or some otherwise good source, but other parts I believe were purely added in by man, from man.

Even the story of Adam and Eve seems a little sexist, how god made a man, and then for the woman god created her out of a piece of adam's rib. wtf is that? i'm surpised women didn't come from a scab on adam's toe or something. Also how the bible said god created woman so that man would have a companion and a helper. so god created women just so we can have sex with a man and clean his house? Of course, this is the bible and the most important thing imo is that the bible is of your own interpretation. Read it for yourself and don't let other people tell you what it says or what it means.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 1Trismegistus1, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
    lol I now realize that OP is a joke.

Cmon OP, let's see something original that toots your own knowledge instead of piggy backing.

Oh wait, you're just riding on the atheist band-wagon. Lemme guess, you just discovered Darwin?

I bet you've never so much as read a single chapter of the bible.

you know what's really repulsive?? History period, those ridiculous historians studying such barbaric things as slavery and execution, and women not having any rights, and civilized men dualing over trivial arguments. Why would anyone possibly study history, i mean those people in history were so fucking stupid, nothing like us people now at the absolute pinnacle of existence, we could not possibly evolve any further, since we've eliminated all of Darwins rules of survival of the fittest by allowing cripples and retards to survive by compassion.

9. i don't understand why people have such a hardon for the bible. hardly anyone actually reads it and i would think it's obvious that most "believers" are either delusional and cherry picking what passages to embrace or people who are afraid to disappoint their family by breaking the christian tradition.

10. [​IMG]

TRUTH, including most atheists as well except they click "I do not agree"

11. Actually, in polls, atheists rank as the most knowledgable about religious beliefs--more so than the religious themselves.

12. #12 Postal Blowfish, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
    Oooh, I'm sorry, no. That's incorrect. The correct answer was "Atheists know more about the bible."

Nice image, though. :)

When so many atheists literally make me want to punch their faces off with so much talk about specific parts of the bible that it makes me wonder if they're not somehow actually closeted zealots, it should really go without saying that they're generally better informed about these things.

They're motivated to be! You'd think the religious would be, too. But religion doesn't have to worry about knowledge. Religion has devotion and encourages the mental abuse of children by filling their heads with dogmatic garbage they will be expected to slavishly follow when they become adults. No need to know the bible, only that it's true and beyond question and god hates your guts if you dare to open your mind and start asking questions. Errr, I mean, he loves you. I mean, kinda loves you. You have to be sorry. And you have love him first. And you have to be ignorant... uh, I mean faithful! That's what I meant.

13. I find that hard to believe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. i don't think he's tryin to get everyone to love and respect him, i have a feeling he found a video that he thought was interesting and decided to share it with the community

no need to be angry with him (or so it seemed to me) :wave:

15. There's a reason why they are atheists...

16. Yeah. They hated going to church as a kid.

17. For most atheists, including myself, it was an avid desire to educate ourselves about religious doctrines and the basis of beliefs in these doctrines that produced our lack of belief in gods.

18. You mistook disappointment for anger.