The bible as the inspired word of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BlowTreeAllDay, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Everyone has beliefs... lol I don't believe in most religions, but I get how you could construe my view of Abrahamic religions that way.

2. Of course not. I rather people follow a murdering, imperfect, merely human child molester such as Muhammad instead. That'll save them. :(

3. Must've been some other person than. I didn't intentionally construe anything some people believe most religions (abrahamic or otherwise) are true and hold their faith in all, while at the same, in none.

4. Well, it actually could have been me because I do believe in a lot of snippets of other religions, though I primarily identify most closely with the Abrahamic religions and believe in the teachings of Christ, so.... I don't think you misconstrued anything, just aren't familiar enough with my beliefs, which are quite complicated compared to most. I believe in the possibility that separate religions may be diluted denominations of the same religion, gradually corrupted over time, just as Christian denominations have separated and essentially become their own religions, though they are still the same religion. I don't think it's hard to see that Mormonism may possibly someday be seen as different than Catholicism as Christianity is seen as different as Judaism and Islam.

5. I see. I hope one day you will accept the difference between the teachings of Jesus Christ and everyone else. It's obviously not a problem of lack of bible study. As I said earlier when we corrupt the message in the bible we cripple its power, or at least our ability to express its power. You need to take Jesus Christ at his word and forget conspiracy theories about abrahamic religions. If you take him at his word you will either tell me he was a liar, crazy, or your savior. :)

6. My theories about the Abrahamic religions aren't conspiracy theories, but theories based on observational evidence and how human error can corrupt things over time. In my eyes, the Bible has no divine power, except that which it derives from God. God is the key to understanding the Bible, the Bible isn't the key to understanding God. When people attribute false power to the Bible, then I see it no less blasphemous as holding up an idol before God. I think in our current age, people confuse the purpose of the Bible with other documents such as the Constitution. Our government derives its powers from the supreme power manifested in the Constitution, invested by the people, which is completely different from the Bible. The Bible doesn't dictate God or give God his divinity; God dictated the Bible. :smoke:

7. Okay so you're not a Christian nor a believer in the bible, got it.

8. No... :rolleyes: That's not accurate.

9. Somebody, please just close this thread... This is pointless.

10. how unoriginal :smoke:

11. You used the words "observational evidence" and "human error" to make a point. That sounds good right? right? Unfortunately you still don't believe in the bible in its entirety. You're hoping there was a typo/writing error down the line and someone changed Jesus's statement to "I am the way, the truth, and the life, nobody gets to the father except through me" from "I am a way, a truth, and just another life, follow me or not, you'll be alright". Fantastic story bro.

12. This entire forum is as pointless as this thread. lol Your point?

13. I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. :smoke:

14. Well, saying the Bible is the unquestionably perfect word of God sounds good too. Does that mean it's not full of bullshit? No. Does this fact mean it is full of bullshit? No. They're merely opinions based on other opinions. It's true that I don't believe in the entirety of the Bible, but does that make me any less of a believer in Christ? No. Maybe your opinion leads you to believe so, but logically that isn't the case because the Bible isn't answer, Christ is. For example, you're hoping someone changed Jesus's statement from "I am the way, the truth, and the life, nobody gets to the father except through me" to "I am the way, the truth, and the life, nobody gets to the father except through me and believing in the almighty 100% correct Bible, every verse, no exceptions." That isn't the case at all either. lol :smoke:

15. I don't know man, you're from Detroit. I'm not judging, but nothing good...I'm sorry, ALMOST nothing good comes out of that place. ;)

16. How do you believe in Christ when you can't even believe he really said what the bible says he said? :smoke:

I may be wrong in believing that everything we know Christ to have said is true. But you're already assuming it's wrong and yet you still put your faith in him. Pointless really. But whatever is easiest for you I suppose...

17. The thread itself was not useless until it turned into an argument that was more or less devoid of logic that threatens to carry on for eternity. To me, that is the true meaning of hell. You guys have fun, I'm unsubscribed.

18. #98 jas43, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nicely put.
    Me too.

19. Well, it's called faith. I have to take the verses that the Lord leads me to believe are morally correct as.. correct and the one's that he leads me to believe aren't morally correct, through other verses and life experiences, are to be taken with a grain of salt, just like I would take them if the writer of that particular verse told me himself. I believe most of the red in the Bible, but there's a lot of black I'm not so sure about. I'm not assuming it's wrong in its entirety, I merely cite the possibility that it's been polluted by human error and that not every verse can be taken literally as the unquestionable word of God. To assert that the text of the Bible shouldn't be questioned or studied is ignorant and that's all I'm doing. To assert that it's wrong as a whole just because of a few verses is also ignorant and blasphemous. You believe in Christ as the saviour, correct? Yet you see my beliefs as pointless? That makes sense how, again?
    :wave: Next time just unsub cause these comments really aren't needed, if you see this. lol

20. word. for a good bible centric definition of faith, aside from the definition that's in the bible of course, read some kierkegaard. i believe "concluding unscientific postscript" contains what i am referring to. great stuff no matter what side of this fence you're on. :smoke: