The bible as the inspired word of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BlowTreeAllDay, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I could show you a verse that says he's the same as God.

2. #62 Verdurous, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well, isn't that technically a contradiction? I mean, is the Bible really telling me someone is His on Son and Father because They are the same?

3. No I don't consider it a contradiction. He's God incarnated in man's flesh. So Jesus Christ, the man, was the son of God, but that doesn't change who He is. No the bible is not trying to confuse you. Read it again.

4. #64 Verdurous, Sep 2, 2011
    It's not that it's trying to confuse me, it's that it's assertions aren't always consistent at first glance. In logic, consistency is a must. I have personally always considered the Father and the Son as separate, but the concept of God (the supreme divine power, not necessarily another entity) as equivalent. That's the only way the Holy Trinity makes sense in a logical fashion.

5. The holy trinity is nonexistent in the bible. That false concept has actually prevented me from experiencing God previously. It's like people subconsciously distorted his message as a way to cripple God's power and continue to be lost, and thus, continue to live their lives how they please in darkness.

6. #66 Verdurous, Sep 2, 2011
    So what do you make of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit of the Bible? lol Oh and 1 JOHN 5:7? What's that supposed to mean???

7. #67 meddlehaze, Sep 2, 2011
    No, I'm actually saying the opposite. If God can save you then it takes all the power from the human and makes us dependent on HIS gift of salvation

8. Always go with the King James bible my friend. :)

King James Bible
    For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

What is that supposed to mean? Great question!

The father, God, this is self-explanatory. I will say no more on this. The son, Jesus Christ, this is how we come to know God while on earth. His nature. His principles..This is our role model. The holy spirit is a word that mortals on earth use to describe the power that God gives us. As we move towards the light, or become closer to God, we become filled with "the holy spirit". It's hard to explain but if you care to understand it as it's intended you will see.

9. Yes. And I am saying it's blasphemous to suggest that another human can replace God as saviors. That's what I was trying to say (albeit I was vague hence the apparent confusion we are having) when you originally quoted me. We are messengers. We warn others of their impending fate. That is ALL. And God is only required to tell each person once (through us or otherwise) so if a person rejects it and they're annoyed we are supposed to leave them alone. Again, we are not saviors.

10. What's the point in trying to refute it to your parents? Just say it's not for you and leave it at that.

11. #71 Verdurous, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    I was actually using the KJV. lol My problem with your reply is that you didn't address the trinity at all and my original intent was to provide evidence of the trinity concept in the verse, so if we could please go back to the topic at hand, I would be much appreciative.

Too bad this is never how it really actually goes. :(

12. Show me the words "the holy trinnity" in the bible. You can't do it. I am telling you the concept is entirely made up by people. We are not to make names for what we perceive God is trying to tell us through the bible. I understand the confusion, the trinnity is thrown around a lot especially in America.

13. #73 AlienBlood, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    I can't speak for anyone else but you're right, it doesn't go that way because the people who I "annoy" don't accept my suggestion that we part ways. They wish to argue and oftentimes get angry. So I give in to their wishes and debate them until they decide that I'm "pushing my beliefs down their throats". :p

14. Sure there are some contradictions in the bible, but can you honestly blame it? It's gone through like 5 different language translations just to get to modern english... And I'm sure even then those translations weren't done perfectly...

15. The Holy Trinity as a title is not present in the Bible, no. The concept is there, however. What is the point of writing God is one if there's no reason to be confused in the first place? Just for the hell of it? lol I'm not confused at all... The verses are quite clear in specifying that there are differences, but "They" are one.

16. Yes, you must take into account the margin for error. To not do so is ignorance by definition. :( If that's "blaming it" rather than taking it as unquestionable fact, then so be it. :confused_2:

17. While we are on earth we will never fully understand the reality of God. The father, son, and the holy spirit is the best way our minds can comprehend Him...until we pass on. So, my suggestion to you, if you're truly searching, is to never open up a bible unless you pray for wisdom first. If you are not willing to do that then I know you don't want to know Him.

18. Man, that's the only way I ever do open up a Bible. You talk as if I'm not a believer... I don't believe the Holy Trinity is the nest way to comprehend Him. It's just another misconstrued justification for why the concept of Christ the Messiah doesn't create a polytheist when the only reasons people think polytheistic religions are bad are based on a lot of politics and barbaric rituals, some of which are also found in the Bible. lol

19. As I understand your beliefs (could be another user not sure) you believe in most world religions. So you have beliefs. But then I would argue even atheists have beliefs. They place their trust solely in science and anything either misunderstood or not understood by science they disregard and still maintain, or believe, that God doesn't exist. :)

Polytheism would be fantastic if I was shown to understand it as reality. However there is one God and that's what the bible says as well. If I met someone who told me that they had had an supernatural experiene and understand there's 3-10 Gods or whatever, while I would disagree with them, I wouldn't think they're "bad" and I would still respect their beliefs....

These are all my beliefs of course we are humans and have the free will to believe whatever our hearts desire. :)

20. Oh for sure.
    I agree that we are messengers, but do you agree that we are messengers of how to escape their impending doom (Jesus Christ)?