The best strain for SOG

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ganja_Farmer, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I personally have only used lowryder #2. but what do you guys and girls think??
    Just need opinions for my next grow! :smoking:
    :D

2. I was just about to say I've seen amazing things done with the Lowryder strain in a constant SoG rotation. Good for harvesting frequently, because of size and development, IMO

3. Oh wow... lowrider for a scrog? Yuck... isnt the plant way too short to really do much with?

My favorite for SCROG has been either Sativa (SD or SDxHP) or Chronic (SER).... Sativa's are great since they grow like crazy and with a SCROG can get a much better yield in a small space.... while chronic is a heavy yielder already, so SCROGn really lets her shine!

4. He said SoG, like SEA of Green... not Screen of Green.

5. Ok... I'm dumbass for a day... hahahha - sorry chap - misread!

6. Lmao. Np, brother. :) It happens to the best of us. :D

7. Any indica with a tendency to grow one cola... like LA Confidential.

8. Considering this is SOG and not SCROG....

I have gotten the best results from Cheese strains....or LowRiders

I just prefer the Cheese based on the taste and overall yield over the LowRiders, be them #1 or #2 or any F strain following.

9. hmm now iv done some research and going by your opinions what about big buddha blue cheese? or dutch passion

ive only smoke bbbc once and coem to think about it it was one of the nicest smokes ive had.
    but honestly i havent smoke almost half the strains out there.. so umm yeh better get smoking :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What about autoflowering stains? i been doing a lil research on them.. and it said that they still flower through 24h of light..
    BUT! isit good for them? i mean would i get better yeild/potency if i changed to 12/12 or the more light the better?

11. Lowryders are autoflowering strains...

...the more light, the better.

12. what about speed queen

13. White Rhino FTW...

~In1

14. I'm going romulan because thats what I'm growing next in a SOG and I sure hope it does good!! :)

15. what kind of yeilds are you getting from lowryders? Im planning on my next grow to be a sog style in two small cabinets and want a strain that yeilds good but doesnt get too big.

16. On a good plant il get up to an Oz.
    Thats using Hydro,
    and 1000w of light
    and for nutrients i just use my fish tank water works great

17. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

18. lol sorry, take no notice. stoned mistake. SOIL grow
    2 grow rooms

19. I actually use that West Plus soil, its ment to beMoisture-retaining w/ improved water absorption and retention dunno if any of you have used it

20. If your going with the Lowryder strains heres some info I've picked up on them:

For best results with lights, hit up 20/4 or 18/6. Think of the plants like humans. If it was light 24/7 and no dark wouldn't you go a little insane to?

Also, again if your looking at Lowryders heres a post that had a lot of nice facts for ya but you might need to sign up at rollitup.org

http://www.rollitup.org/general-marijuana-growing/89277-lowryder-2-things-you-might.html

Haven't been able to find a similar post on grasscity.com yet.

Peace,
    Dirty Kid