The best musicians to see live...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SUBLIMEtreat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. From experience, what are the best musicians that you would recommend seeing live? They don't necessary have to still be together or have all their members alive.

The concert I always enjoy going to a lot is Dave Matthews... not just because you're having a good time, but the music is amazing. I would definitely recommend seeing Dave for sure, year after year his performances never fail me. And... this may totally sound weird, but Lady GaGa's performances are AMAZING, too. She's a genius, even if you have no interest whatsoever in her, go see her, it's amazing.

I'm seeing Sublime w/ Rome on May 5th, too... any feedback on how it is w/o Brad in the band?

2. i dont think you have to appreciate Lady Gaga's music to appreciate the live show.

i went to the cool kids concert a while back, and kid sister came on after and it was just so much more fun. i definitely prefer the cool kids for listening, but just feeling the energy coming from the artist is the most important part of a live show, and kid sister was giving off lots of it

3. wow didnt know shortbus was that broke they had to rehash the sublime name.....doesnt sound right with out og vocals but if you go let me know very curious:smoke:

4. The most fun concert I've been to is Phish. I can't even explain the atmostphere/experience of a Phish show... you just have to go to one.

Rush also puts on an AMAZING show. For being old enough to qualify for SS/retirement, those guys put on one hell of an experience. How many 60 year olds do you know that can put on a 4 hour show of some of the most technically advanced music around?

5. Umphrey's Mcgee.. go to an Umphrey's show trippin acid or shrooms... either of which mixed with a dank roll.. and you will cum in your pants non-stop through their whole set. lol, their improv is amazing to watch live. it's like watching a sculpture be chiseled in time-lapse speed.

6. Alice Cooper puts on a WILD live show, a must see in my opinion.

7. I know... I actually had no idea until about a few weeks ago. I thought they were Long Beach Dub Allstars. I'll have to let you know how it is, I heard it's a pretty good show, though!

8. Faith No More are mind blowingly awesome live, so much fucking energy :D

Definately my top band seen live.

9. #10 See Emily Play, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    I would give every limb to see Pink Floyd live. If I could give my whole body and just have a living head, I'd give it too. Just be a head floating in a jar at their concert:smoking:

The Who - Their shows were wiiiild!

I'm not a fan, but Michael Jackson would be pretty awesome. Say what you will about the dude, but he was one of the best entertainers ever.

EDIT: I missed the 'from experience' part ha! Not many musicians I like come to this side of the world, but Infected Mushroom came a couple of years back and it was amazing!

10. For me it'd be Metallica up there. Mainstream yes, but god damn they put on a good show that gets the crowd going. Play for ages too. Seen 'em 5 times so I would know :)

Second... probably either Rage Against the Machine, Machine Head (at their best) or Parkway Drive. Not that everyone will know these. Parkway just put on the most energetic show ever and get the crowd going crazy. Seen them 4 times, seeing them again next month, gonna be sweeeeet :D.

11. STS9, Pretty Lights, Big Gigantic, Phish, and Bassnectar are sick.

12. i went to the roots picnic in philly last summer
    and i heard tool was amazing

13. tool, dark star orchestra, and the expendables are the best bands i've seen live.

incubus and slightly stoopid and the dead come in second.

14. Clutch has hella good shows

15. Sol.illaquist of Sound and Grayskul

16. The Radiohead show I went to during the In Rainbows tour was absolutely incredible. The lights, the music, watching Thom spaz out on stage... nothing out there today tops this.

17. Atmosphere...nuff said