The best movie villains of all time

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Verdant Nature, Feb 25, 2009.

1. #1 Verdant Nature, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    This list is purely opinionated so feel free to disagree with me if you can back it up.

5) Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt - Fight Club)
    [​IMG]
    Fight Club is one of the greatest films ever made. Period. This was also Brad Pitt at his very best. His character was perfectly contrasted by that of Edward Norton. "I look like you wanna look. I fuck like you wanna fuck. I am smart, capable and most importantly I am free in all the ways you are not."

4) Darth Vader - (James Earl Jones/David Prowse - Star Wars 4, 5 & 6)
    [​IMG]
    What can you say? The guys a fucking beast with the force and can any man to smithereens with his lightsaber. Plus he's dressed like an appocalyptic warrior of hell and has obliterated countless Jedi.

3) The Joker (Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight)
    [​IMG]
    Say what you want. The fact of the matter is is that Heath Ledger gave one of the most twisted, thrilling performances ever witnessed which ultimately led to his death. No one deserved the academy award more than him this year. The Dark Knight was wrongfully snubbed from many awards it should have got and The Joker remains one of the coolest villains of all time. "WHYYYYY SOOOOO SEEEERRRIIIOUS!!??"
    2) Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson - The Shining)
    [​IMG]
    The greatest horror movie of all time directed by arguably the best director of all time and one of the greatest writers of modern literature. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.' When Jack Torrance is on the prowl, lock up your daughters.
    1) Dr Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs)
    [​IMG]
    The creepiest motherfucker of them all is in the form of an insanely intelligent flesh eating doctor of the human brain. He spent roughly 15 minutes on screen and dominated every scene he was in. Hopkins thoroughly deserved his oscar as it was simply one of the most terrifying performances ever committed on screen.

2. pretty good list

3. that is one legit list. hard to change it.

first three are solid. Impossible to change imo. for fourth i would put either HAL 9000 from 2001: space odyssey (if you wanna consider a non-human) or Norman Bates played by Anthony Perkins from Psycho. I would bump Vader to 5th and take off Tyler Durden. Not that Tyler isnt fucking amazing but not villiany enough.

4. T-1000
    [​IMG]

The villian from no country fo
    r old men[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) - The Godfather Part II
    2. Amon Göth (Ralph Fiennes) - Schindler's List
    3. Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) - The Silence Of The Lambs
    4. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) - Star Wars
    5. The Joker (Heath Ledger) - The Dark Knight
    6. Aaron Stampler / Roy (Edward Norton) - Primal Fear
    7. John Doe (Kevin Spacey) - Se7en
    8. Bill Lumbergh (Gary Cole) - Office Space
    9. The Emperor (Ian McDiarmid) - Star Wars
    10. Michael Myers (Nick Castle) - Halloween
    11. Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem) - No Country For Old Men
    12. Mrs. Carmody (Marcia Gay Harden) - The Mist
    13. Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates) - Misery
    14. Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) - The Shining
    15. Ed Rooney (Jeffrey Jones) - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

5. Any movie where Al Pacino have been the bad guy. Devils Advocate and Scarface especially stand out. He gotta be my favourite actor of all time.

On a close second, Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects as Verbal/Soze. (Hope I did not spoil anything :p )

But the arch-villain of all time, have to be Darth Vader.

6. castor troy - face/off
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. #8 whiskey, Feb 25, 2009
    I really believe that the greatest villian ever is Chernobog from Fantasia. The thing doesn't have a single spoken line and is increadibly menacing.

[​IMG]

But if I had to pick an actor playing a character, well Norman Bates, Psycho.
    [​IMG]

Also a great villian is Mrs. Danvers from Rebecca [Hitchcock did it best, sorry kids]
    "Go ahead. Jump."
    [​IMG]

and not to knock Heath Ledger, because I think that he was an awesome actor and that his portrayal in the Dark Knight was amazing, but if you watch Batman Returns you can see that he took his mannerisms from Danny DeVito [and while he did make them his own, it was not completely orginially], so he can't rate on my scale...

8. Darth Vader!:hello:

9. Good lists guys. There are certain 'classics' I havent seen yet so couldnt really add their villains to the list.

On a side note the most suprisingly good villains I've seen from an unpredictable source was Tom Cruises' Vincent in Collateral.

[​IMG]

10. Dee Snider's StrangeLand (1998)

Ole Capt. Howdy himself

[​IMG]

11. #12 MoonJuice, Feb 25, 2009
    Rep me if you like them and tell me I'm a dense P.O.S. that should go fuck robots if you don't.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjBcexgpXYs"]YouTube - Hans Gruber[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]*

^ (Unmasked as well) *Original only

12. The Bad- Lee Van Cleef as Angel Eyes, from The Good The Bad and The Ugly.
    [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

Idk if he would be called a "villain" but Denzel was pretty badass in training day:D

14. yeah hes definitely the villain in that movie, and hes the shit straight up

15. Yeah word Denzel was fire in that movie.

16. HL's Joker all the fucking way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ForumRunner_20120520_193221.png

Never gave up.

No but really you stole mine. Hannibal.

18. Only one villain that stands out to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJhIjD3rp8&feature=related]Old Boy - Farewell, My Lovely - YouTube[/ame]

19. The British guy who kills Mel gibsons sons in the Patriot