The best lighting available

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Eastcostsourgrower1992, May 15, 2018.

1. So as we all know hps has been the long standing best option for flowering..but here we are in 2018 and there's tons of new tech out there when it comes to lighting your grow room and I want to kind of cover my opinion on the best options for grow lights
    1.hps is a good option for flower I tend to see a lot of people using hps for veg and its really not ideal at all
    2.mh is an excellent option for veg plenty of blue but not an ideal option for flower
    3.led is newer tech that a lot of people are used to seeing at this point..from my experience led produced quality flowers just not the best option for large yields ( unless you wanna drop 1500 on one light)
    Now onto the newest light iv bought and tried is the 630 de cmh...and its a beast of a light imho it out performs hps led and mh for veg and flower its a fairly new tech but cmh is making leaps and bounds starting eith a 315 single bulb moving up to the 630 dual bulb and now the 630 dual ended bulb and let me tell you its an absolute fantastic light ( I have a grow journal going covering the results of this light)
    Any questions on lighting id be happy to answer over the last 10 years iv grown with every type of light out there

2. Ever grown on a Quantum Board?

3. Not with the quantum board no bit other leds

• Like Like x 1
  4. Id love to hear others opinions also

5. I'll have to get some more grows under my belt.
    I'm only 31 days of 12/12 on my first grow I'm using a combination of a viparspectra 600 and 4 HLG QB120's in 3000k.
    I'm planning on boosting my amount of lights for my next grow. I think I'm going to add some QB's again but in 4000k for veg or possibly some 2700k and run my 3000k and 2700k for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Led is a great option personally iv used the viparspecra and the mashydro and had better results with the mars if you got a journal going ill check it out

• Like Like x 1