The best hip hop ever... agree?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by JuniorCain, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Over the years, I've had my phases with music... but over the past few months, I've just loved every bit of music that I listen to (haha, thanks Mary J.) but it wasn't until recently that I got into hip hop... and I have to say, there's nothing better than some...

Dilla
    Jaylib
    Madlib
    Madvillian
    MF Doom
    etc.

I'm not saying that other hip hop is bad, I'm amazed by hip hop, the main thing that attracts me is the lyricism.. you can't beat their flow..

I was just wondering if anyone agreed with me... and if not, represent..

2. I havent heard of some of those.

Heres some of my favs

Necro, Nas, Ill Bill, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Three 6 mafia, non phixion, outerspace.

3. Definitely agree with you on the Nas, man... you don't mess with Nas.

4. underground hip hop owns your soul, wait until you discover that shit, and i mean the real underground. . . not just the artists everyeone names so they can sound like they're in the loop

5. whoop whoop

JMT, tech n9ne, biggie smalls, necro and ill bill are both insane, especially together on tracks, and also tons of psychopathic artists are great. like.. monoxide child, violent j, AMB pre-label.

necro and ill bill walk around like MURDA MURDA KILL KILL, great, now thats stuck in my head.

6. Dude ur the same as me! Long lost music twin.. ;)

7. tiiiight! only the best penetrates these ears :cool:

8. Dead Prez
    Del The Funkee Homosapian
    The Living Legends
    Black Moon
    Krs-One
    Mf Doom
    Masta Ace
    Pete Rock

and I could go on

9. i am in love with hip-hop at the moment, i too have ventured into each genre
    the roots and ghostface killah are my favs

10. So why don't you name those artists you speak of?

I find myself to be pretty well versed in hip hop, but I may be able to learn some new stuff from you.

11. i think he was being sarcastic, underground hip-hop isn't the best shit, it's groups like the roots that continue to improve each album with that original underground influence who are the best

12. you should check out ghostface killah's fishscale album alot of beats from these producers

13. Can't believe no one mentioned A Tribe Called Quest, Aesop Rock, or Jedi Mind tricks.

14. Don't worry man, I feel you 100% on that one. Amazing rhymes and some of the greatest beats of our time are on these albums, cop their work immediately if you haven't yet.

15. Wu tang baby. any one else here a new wu album is coming this summer? I know im pumped.
    anyone picked up RZA new soundtrack to Afro Samuria? i heard its ill but i want some opinons before i cope it (yes i still buy music, i like to collect and have a phyiscal copy with artwork.)

16. Del The Funkee Homosapian
    Immortal Technique
    Dead Prez
    The Living Legends
    Blackalicious
    Krs-One
    Tribe Called Quest

Just to name a few

17. Mac Dre, Keak Da Sneak, Messy Marv, San Quinn, RBL Posse, Too $hort

they be some straight masters

18. The hyphie shit is pretty sick indeed, add the team and nickatina to that mix and youre damn straight!

For me its:
    Immortal Technique
    Andre Nickatina (especially blazed)
    Jedi Mind Tricks (Those unversed check out "Rise of the machines")
    The Roots
    Ras Kass
    Dilated Peoples
    Dead Prez ("Hip Hop" is their biggest song but their lesser known stuff is just as good)
    Lupe Fiasco
    Nas
    Eyedea and Abilities
    Zion I
    Kanye West's Underground Mixtapes
    Talib Kweli/Mos Def/Black Star
    Binary Star
    Black Eyed Peas (mostly pre-fergie)
    RJD2 (from Eugene!)
    Mr Lif
    Pharaohe Monche
    Three 6 Mafia
    Cunninglynguists
    MF Doom/Danger Mouse/Dangerdoom
    Anything timbaland appears on is usually gold.

Many more, i am way into music and those are some of the best i could think of.

19. MF Doom is ill

20. any album by scarface the real KING of the south and even TI know that

and shit even 2pac admitted he got alot of his swagger from scarface

last of a dying breed
    the diary
    untouchable
    my balls and my word
    the fix

for all you fools think wayne, ti, jeezy are nice check this shit out to find out bout the real king of the south