the BEST grinder for a BLUNT smoker.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by turbodharma, Jun 21, 2017.

1. i smoke dutch masters regularly (i know i know please no lecture on how bad blunts are)...i am forced to break bud up with my hand instead of using my sharpstone with blunts because as some may know, blunts burn way way better if the weed is a litttle chunky and not ground up too fine...

what is the best grinder to achieve chunkier bud grinding to roll my blunts?

2. Don't grind all the way....

3. weed a little chunky? You will be burning part of the chunk then it would fall out of the blunt with green still in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chromium Crusher from eBay. $15 for a nice 3" grinder and grinds up weed beautifuly for blunts.. can't beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. i understand what you mean but... grinders are meant to grind. if you want it less ground-up then... don't grind it that far

6. youd probably want to get a plastic 3 piece grinder and either bust some of the teeth off or make the holes bigger. though i swear ive seen a grinder review on YT that you could change how it ground i cant remember its name though

Attached Files:

7. Get a 4 piece grinder so it will catch you kief on the bottom

8. #9 tianlin, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    I was mentioning just this same thing to the guy who helps me with herb down here a couple months ago, and he gifted me a grinder that he never uses. I've noticed some weed gets ground finer with certain grinders than with others, but they're mostly all the same in principle, using teeth to rip the buds to shreds.

Not this. This is a metal four-piece grinder which instead uses grooved plates to forcefully rub the bud, pressing it through long slots on the bottom with a slightly sharp, knife-like edge to them. The end result is chunky yet fluffy bud which looks much more like you vigorously rubbed it between your palms than ground it into tiny pieces. This is finer and fluffier than anything I can do by hand, but coarser than with a normal tooth-type grinder. It's hard to explain, but it doesn't interfere with the rolling or burning characteristics of the herb. Simply put, this is the best grinder I know of for blunt smokers. An additional advantage is that in the event that you have a stray seed or two in the herb, this style grinder is far less likely to simply pulverize it and blend it in with the rest of your smoke.

The thing almost seems to work like a burr grinder, and the herb comes out looking like a magnified version of rubbed sage or something....

The top of the grinder says Groove by Aerospaced. If I had some on hand I'd snap some photos of stuff ground with it compared to with a tooth-style grinder...but this video I found on YouTube, while it doesn't show a side-by-side, does show what it can look like after grinding, and you might notice it looking like there are some nice, somewhat chunkier looking bits than you usually get with a grinder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Also the idea that little bits are just going to keep falling out is really funny to me....for what it's worth, when I used to smoke blunts constantly, I didn't even own a grinder and broke it up much chunkier than what this does....and still do when I roll a blunt and don't bother with a grinder. But frankly, this thing is fantastic and offers all the benefits of using a grinder but gets it just coarse enough for a smoother, slower burn. For that reason, good for prepping weed for a bong, too, so it doesn't all burn up too fast.

Anyway, here's a good picture of what the inside of the grinder looks like - the differences between it and a normal grinder are obvious. What may be less obvious is that since most of each side is a flat plate, over time you'll get a hashy buildup that can be far more easily removed from these than from a normal grinder, and makes for a nice treat if you can get enough of it!
    [​IMG]

The grooves on the top plate give it traction, allowing you to simultaneously slice the bud with the sharp edge in the slots on the lower plate as well as break it apart with a rubbing motion, rather than shred it to bits with teeth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YO! thank you man!! really!! right now im in a jam and havent been able to roll..but on that note--lol @ the weed falling out of blunts..damn i feel sorry for those that cant enjoy a 40min dutch master :D again, thank you so much this may be just what i have been searching for...for years! thank you!

11. Your fingers

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Half grind turn a time or two then dump it

13. I recommend using a two piece and getting down your own technique for how long to grind it before dumping.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 OG60, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2020
    [QUOTE="rockyshhab, post: 24635217, member: 1087980

[/QUOTE]
    1) No problem, I'll have it ready by noon tomorrow.

2) To get rid of crabs you'll have to take other measures.

3) I would stay away from those blue ones unless you're a homosexual.

4) May the fleas of a thousand Camels infest your armpits...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I would like to try that it looks interesting. But I’m a big fan of my Phonecian grinder. Really want to buy the bigger sized one soon. it came vacuum sealed, has a limited lifetime warranty the only thing it doesn’t cover is intentional damage/ maybe acts of god too? But since I don’t buy into judeao Christian ideologies I should get an exemption lol.

It has blades instead of the typical black shaped pulverizers with pointy corners that are somewhat sharp. Also it locks together instead of screwing together. Pretty cool grinder. The kanastor gr8tr is also pretty cool, but I don’t think I’ll ever change grinder brands again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. HAHAHA! That's funny. So I google translated some of it and apparently it's some story about a father who is laid off from his bank job and tells his son to go forth into his village. That's the gist of it. So I'm pretty high and now I'm thinking this is some sort of coded message tipping off a spy ring. Fuck! I entered it into google. I shouldn't be here. I'm wrapping my laptop in all the tin foil that I have and going to bed.

17. Press one for English. xd You wanna borrow my faraday box? lol

18. Lift grinder with coarse grind disc is perfect, albeit a litter pricey xD.
    I love this grinder and think its worth every penny.

19. a plastic one from your local corner store/gas station. Qualified brands don't make grinders with the intent of chunkier bud bits. That's left to the non-descript grinders friend.