The best gift this year..

Discussion in 'General' started by BAkEd_ZombIe, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Well christmas is over and you've gotten all your gifts. Which could you say was your best/favorite gift from anyone? This year.

I would have to say mine was a new glass on glass from my brother.

2. Man, I didnt really get anything good. Just a bunch of clothes and gas gift cards.

My best gift would be Call of Duty 4 for Xbox360. Im also hoping to pick myself up a wireless adapter so I can play on XBL.

3. My best gift was the Dilaudid the doc hit me with when i went to the er last night hahaha. My back was bothering me so we went there, turns out i prolly have kidney stones but that dilaudid felt so good and made me not care lol(and my mom knew the nurse so i got a extra dose before i left, could barley keep my eyes open on the way home haha). 2nd best gift i got was prolly a new shifter for my car.

4. a trip to mexico with the fam

5. The open-minded, intelligent, philosophical stoner chick who listens EDM and hits up raves of my dreams.

[​IMG]

My real-life fantasy.

:love:

[​IMG]

6. Let's see, my girlfriend bought be a personal coffee maker which I am planning on setting up next to my computer, but my brother picked me up The Photographer's Handbook by John Hedgecoe which looks amazing for some inspiration and useful should I ever get into film shooting.

I'd say those two are fairly tied, wouldn't you?

:p

7. i think the best gift i got, was most likely money, as that made up most of what i go. my cousins were very generous and have allowed me to have the comfort of living easily for the next month or so, as i just got laid off and have mounting college loan debt and a new job to hunt for. at least now i wont have to worry about money while im looking for a new job, that always makes it so much easier knowing you have a little time to look for the best job possible.

8. Definitely a nice spot to be in Retroshark, but who the hell lays someone off that close to the holidays? That's grounds for capital punishment, if you ask me.

9. my university. i was employed by the school, since the beginning of the school year, working as a monitor in the fine arts studio for freshman and sophomores in the 3d program. i rented tools out and maintained the big shop tools and other things while at work. earned 6.50 an hour, but apparantly "budget cuts" were the reason for me (the second newest employee after my friend) to be fired, despite someone who makes 7.50 already resigning at the same time, from our group of 4 emplioyees. so, now with 3 people, they still couldnt afford to pay me minimum salary at the school, plus, the two remaining workers cant even cover the shifts or eachothers shifts as frequently as i was able to.

its fishy, and i hope they both kept their word on looking into why i got fired, when its obviously last hired, first fired, when budget cuts are the reason.

it makes no sense to me, and i was quite offended that i was fired, especially in the fashion that i was (i had just covered a double shift on a day when i was supposed to be finnishing a final project and not working at all) but yet still covered the shifts with only an hours notice prior to the first one starting. its BS.

10. WOW SHE HAS A FUCKIN HUGE HEAD!

I got an HD LCD from the rents + gh3 for the wii..

11. Uhh...a candy bar.

:cool:

12. my dad got me the complete set of everything Pink Floyd...DVDs and Cds, including material from after the band's breakup (Pulse...greatest album..plus a lot of David Gilmour's stuff)...its like about 30 pieces altogether...said he got it off the radio..it was like a special package and he bought it and the money gets donated to charity

13. Travel easel full of shiney new kit. Pretty sweet.

Also.. a mini table tennis kit. Its like mini-paddles and a net that you can stretch over anything so you can play on tables and things. I love those silly games.

14. Probably my cheech n chongg dvds :D

15. damm you guys got a lot of good shit

i think my parents may have spent 100 bucks on me...oh well

however, they did get a sick sound system for themselves, which is going to be used by me a lot so thats good. its got a huge ass bass thumpin woofer thing or subwoofer i dont know. all i know is it kicks some seriously low vibrations

16. I got a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Plus Call of Duty 4 which is just amazing..

Anyone know what kind of cords you get to connect your tv to your computer? Basically viewing on your tv instead of using your computer monitor.

17. I got Call of Duty 4, and Season 5 of '24' from my girl.
    I got Overlord, also an Xbox360 game from my little sister.
    And my mom helped me pay for repairs I needed on my car, and she got me a few little things.

Best gift though, by far.

Conair beard and mustache trimmer. All steel blades, a shit ton of attachments. Someone else has to be with me here? Beards are tough to maintain, and this thing is awesome.

18. 400w ballast w/reflector FTW!

19. at first i thought my christmas was shitty because my dad and stepmom just got me a nice button up shirt from jc penney. well today my dad gave me a brand new bottle of armani mania cologne ($42.99 per bottle) and a brand new bottle of nautica cologne (around $49.99 per bottle).

now i just gotta find out what my mom back in dallas got me..