"The best counter-culture community"

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDirtyPoncho, Apr 17, 2010.

1. What exactly does this fucking mean?

2. Kinda like a counter-society form? I guess because weed is generally looked down upon in society.

3. for real? counter culture is a popular phrase for people in the hippy/peace movement, its anything that is against norms like illegal weed

4. aggressively subverting cultural norms is necessary for freedom :bongin:

5. we are the very best community that loves counters.

[​IMG]
    :love::metal::yay::bongin:

6. HAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA:D:D:D:hello::hello::hello::hello:

7. lol are you serious?

counter-culture is a culture that isnt the norm. like how the greasers were in the 50's or the hippies in the 60's. these days the counter culture is a mix of many counter cultures to form one.

weeed has brought us all together :)

8. i fucking hate counters. must of signed up for the wrong forum... :leaving:

9. it fuckin means this is a great fuckin place to spend time and talk with fuckin people. thats what it fuckin means! :smoke:

10. One of the few times that reading something online actually made me laugh. +rep

11. I lol'd at this thread :D

12. what about this counter...?

[​IMG]

:eek::bolt:

13. A culture that is the best at counting.

That's like asking this..this would be a giraffe Isaac Newton;
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG8GMemv2xc&feature=related]YouTube - Family Guy - It's A Giraffe[/ame]

14. #14 Raketemensch, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Tho' the term 'Counter-Culture' came into use only in the 1960's it has actually been around for about as long as human civilisation has. Any sort of Black Market system may necessarily be deem'd 'Counter-Culture', for instance.

In the 1960's a group of young people decid'd that the World their Parents had left them, post-WWII suburban sprawl, red scare, nuclear scare, etc, was just not going to cut it. These people were of all races, nations, creeds, and we still feel the effects of their movements today.
    During the late part of the 1960's rich white folk offa Madison Avenue realized that a lot of money could be made by exploiting what had then become known as the 'Hippie' image, Hippies being a certain offshoot of the Counter-Culture. And since that time many businesses have us'd various Counter-Culture images to market products to, mainly, young people.

However, being a forum on the internet (also known as the Tower of Babylon), devot'd to helping people live in a way contrary to what Society deems appropriate (i.e. the rampant use of illegal substances, the grow-journals, etc), there is presented a new and interesting way for the Counter-Culture Proper to evolve.

15. any cultures out there are getting countered!

FUCK YEAH:cool:

16. in that case...I'll stay

despite the fact i haven't the slightest clue as to what the fuck that is :eek::bolt: