"The best counter-culture community"??

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeandmirrors, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Before, under the GC logo it said "The worlds best online headshop" - i'm guessing that didnt go down too well with someone else, but, whatever.

Now it says "The best counter-culture community" and it got me thinking about what it says about the members here.

It seems a bit negative to me, almost implying something that should be underground or subversive or goes against the grain.

counter - against
    culture - society

But, I dont feel that what we do is wrong or subversive at all!

Maybe, i'm just a bit stoned :smoke:

2. if you actually go into the headshop, it says that headline
    :wave:

3. If you click on the "grasscity shop" it still says headshop

As far as being a counter-culture I'd more say that we just don't go with the flow, not that we're fighting culture

4. its not really saying what we do is wrong, just against the 'norms' of society. and im fine with that. because what society says is definitely not correct.

5. LOL - that just shows you how often I visit the headshop!

Anyway, interesting points so far - do you guys feel like smoking MJ is counter-culture because personally I dont

Of course it's against the law in the UK but everyone smokes - the stats are ridiculous - more people smoke MJ than dont now for sure

does it help the cause having "counter-culture" under the logo - I don't think so