The best band of the 90s ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Appocolyptik, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Mad Season

2. these are my #2 and 3

3. There were a lot of good mainstream bands in the '90s, especially compared to today's bs.

I like Nirvana, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Sleater-Kinney, Cypress Hill, Sublime, Presidents of The United States of America, The Pharcyde, Arrested Development, En Vogue, Bell Biv DeVoe, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Wu-Tang Clan, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck, and even some of the sappier stuff like Color Me Badd and Seal...it was ALL GOOD IN THE '90s! :)

For "Most Overrated Bands of the '90s", my vote goes to Dave Matthews Band. And Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Korn, and all other sound-alikes. I never liked Sugar Ray, Offspring, Matchbox 20, or any of the post-'96 "alternative" rock groups either. And fuck Creed.

4. alice in chains was my favorite 90s band by far

5. Theres some talk going around that theyre going to release an album in the next year. Also theyre touring this summer so they might even play some new material

6. Offspring is pretty damn good imo.
    has anyone said the cardigans? what ever happened to those guys?

7. Pavement?

different, at least.

8. Yeah wasn't calling their music silly or anything I just couldn't put them in my top 5 of the 90's. My bad though I understand why some people would, I just couldn't though.

9. pretty sure that question is unanswerable. I would probably say something like cake or sublime.....maybe weezer.....maybe everclear. the first two albums on the maybes. go ahead....make fun of me.:D

also, rubberneck and suffer are two of my favorite 90's albums. peace thru vandalism too. I'm sure nirvana's been said already a million times, but ya I like em' alot.

10. Sublime.
    Rage.
    nirvana

11. ^I would have said rage a while back, but I'm not as into em as I used to be.

saaaaaaaay thatchoo love me. fool me. fool me. gooo ooon and fooool me! lol I like that song.

I like alot of 90's pop. I like some jewel songs...alot.:eek: you know what other overplayed song I fucking love???....sex and candy. shit's great.

12. i saw rage live.
    sick fucking shit.

that first album you get you back in the loop

13. I find 90's radio jams hilarioussss, in a good way. lolnostalgia

lol sex and candy.

14. Probably Catherine Wheel.

15. Thinking back the the posts I made a year ago... what a joke those are.

Nirvana sucks. Kurt Cobain was a little whiny girl. The only good that came out of Nirvana was Dave Grohl (too bad he sold out, but the early Foo Fighters are amazing)

I'll make a list for 90s bands: Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Sublime (no doubt they're over rated, but they are pretty fuckin awesome), Foo Fighters, RHCP (even though they were around in the late 80s), Rage Against the Machine, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, and hell, Modest Mouse FORMED in the 90s and released two AMAZING albums, so I'll even throw them in.

And if anybody says Creed again, you deserve to be deprived of all music except Creed until you realize they are one of the worst bands ever (I'd even say they're worse than Nickelback)

16. close but its actually slowdive, with starflyer59 in a close 2nd.

17. I don't know. Black Metallic alone is enough to make your head spin in it's epicness. But you very well could be right. But Chapterhouse would steal second anyday in that line-up.

18. oh i forgot ride.. nowhere is an awesome album.

19. I'd say the Shins since they were technically formed in the 90's, but I'll always have a soft spot for Alice in Chains and Modest Mouse's early stuff.