The best band of the 90s ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Appocolyptik, Aug 6, 2008.

1. #41 GlassMaster42O, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
    Why don't we mark out temple of the dog and put Chris Cornell. Soundgarden and Temple of the dog were both amazing bands.

1.RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
    2.KORN - Blast away, before head left those mother fuckers were made for eachother
    3.CORNELL
    4.RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
    5.INCUBUS
    6.METALLICA-definitely put out some good songs..la da da da da da..la da da da da FORTUNE FAME MIRROR VAIN GONE INSANE BUT THE MEMORY REMAAAAINS! ASHE TO ASHE DUST TO DUST FADE TO BLACK THE MEMORY REMAAAINS! sorry haha
    7.ALICE IN CHAINS
    8.NIRVANA
    9.TOOL- SUPRISED?
    10.SYSTEM OF A DOWN-NOBODY?
    11.FOO FIGHTERS
    12.limp bizkit!- haha I just wanted to get some laughs sorry:p

2. 311!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ah shit my bad, I didn't see that. Although they were formed in the early 80s, they were in their prime in the 90s. Still can't argue that they were one of the best bands in the 90s, though :hello:

4. Well, isn't this the best bands of the 90's thread?

And a funny coincidence just happened. Some of you may know my condition with coincidences and their frequency.... Anyways, as I was typing this, a commercial for one of those 90's Alternative CD's came on and Creed was the first song clip played...

Pretty fucked up again (why do things like these keep happening to me?)

Anyways, another great 90's band was Catherine Wheel. And people who call them shoegaze are just fucking stupid.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcrj-FFK4MM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcrj-FFK4MM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. I know they originally formed before the decade, but Fugazi are pretty much the be all end all of 90's bands to me.

6. I'm surprised only 2 ppl said RHCP. I've never really met anyone that didn't like them.

7. I don't like them... there you go, now you have met someone.

8. If you wanna talk overrated. Nirvana. They're praised for a revolutionary and unique brand of music but all their music is just ripped off from other acts! They were a great cover band.

I really liked Pearl Jam and Jane's Addiction for 90's music.

Oh yea Café Tacvba was one of the best 90's band.

9. Agreed. They were ok. Their latest material is the same. I remember hearing one of their newer songs and thinkin', "WTF? I've heard at least 2 other songs from them that sound just like this one".

10. I completely forgot how fucking sick Days of the New is.

DEF one of the best in my opinions.:devious:

11. Yeah even though I don't really like metal I've gotta admitt Pantera are sick.

12. Nine Inch Nails or Radiohead.

13. Flea is a good bassist, but they are sellouts.

14. Sublime is FAR from overrated. Just because a bunch of wannabe's wear Opie's Sun and recite the lyrics to "What I Got'', shouldn't put 'em down. They go so much deeper than that. How can you deny all of that skill, and chemistry? I dont' think they belong in this thread, though, because of the requirements (they formed late 80's).

I cant take Oasis seriously, at all. But I did like some of Catherine Wheel's stuff.

So much good music came out in the 90's...

Nirvana
    STP
    Audioslave
    Rage
    Godsmack
    SOAD
    Foo Fighters
    Alice

Janes Addiction was really good.
    Korn put out a nice sound.
    The Libertines...

15. People who can't take Oasis seriously have only ever listened to their radio friendly singles and/or don't understand lyrics.

16. I forgot about System of a Down. Yea I'm a fan. They're the shit. Steal This Album FTW!

17. You took the words right out of my mouth, Foop.

18. Guess I fall under the former. :yay:

19. Hey wait, I mentioned Tool right?