The Benefits Of War, Through The Eyes Of A Neocon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dickie4:20, May 28, 2009.

1. #1 Dickie4:20, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
    You might have missed this when it was first made public, so here it is.

Former Sec. of "Defense" and neocon Donald Rumsfeld sat on the board of a company which sold two light water nuclear reactors to North Korea.

Rumsfeld was director of ABB, a European engineering giant based in Zurich, when it won a $200 million contract to provide the design and key componets for the reactors. He sat on the board from 1990 to 2001, earning $190,000 per year. He left to join the Bush admin., and shortly after joined president Bush in declaring North Korea part of the "axis of eeeevil."

A Newsweek article that was written in 2002 by Christopher Dickey and Evan Thomas, reported on a visit by Rumsfeld to Baghdad on 12/20/83, which launched U.S. support of Saddam Hussein in his war against Iran. The Iran/Iraq war took millions of lives, many of which died from Iraq's poison gas against Iranian soldiers as well as Kurds in Northern Iraq. During the time Rumsfeld was Reagans Special Envoy to the Middle East (1983-1984).

This is where things start to come together.

A Senate report from 94' confirmed that disease-producing and poisonous materials were exported, under U.S. government license, to Iraq from 85'-88' during the Iran/Iraq war. Moreover, the report says the U.S.-exported materials were identical to microogransims destroyed by U.N. inspectors after the first attack against Iraq in 91'.

Records Show US Sent Biological Weapons Germs to Iraq

The shipments were approved despite allegations Saddam used biological weapons against the Kurdish rebels and, according to the offical U.S. position, started the war.

Of course Rumsfeld has always denied that he had any connection whatsoever. In 1985, and in later years, said the report, “pathogenic, toxigenic and other biological research materials were exported to Iraq, pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S. Department of Commerce.” It also added, "These exported biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction.” The report concluding, “It was later learned that these microorganisms exported by the United States were identical to those the United Nations inspectors found and recovered from the Iraqi biological warfare program.”

According to wikipedia, from 1977 to 1985 Rumsfeld served as Chief Executive Officer, President, and then Chairman of G. D. Searle & Company, a worldwide pharmaceutical company based in Skokie, Illinois. During his time at Searle, Rumsfeld was the leader of the comapnys financial rebound, which earned him awards such as the Outstanding Chief Executive Officer in the Pharmaceutical Industry from the Wall Street Transcript (1980) and Financial World (1981). It was during Rumsfelds time with Searle that he was Reagan's Middle East Special Envoy.In 1985, Searle was sold to Monsanto. Rumsfeld is thought to have earned around $12 million from this sale.

Donald Rumsfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you must be thinking, whats your point you liberal pussy?

This- No matter the man-made horror in this world- war, torture, rape, nuclear weapons, biological weapons, death because of religious beliefs, psychological destruction to veterans carried back home, etc. None of it matters to the business and government elites who benefit from all of this fear and destruction and death, all of who are made rich by the horror and chaos across the world.

Just next time you see a cable news report about the current spook show, for now North Korea, next week another country, next year another group of people, give this all a little thought.

2. We've funded and heavily armed nearly every organization we are now fighting. It Brings to mind the System of a Down song, Boom

3. Ah yes, every time you drop the bomb, you kill the god your child has born.:smoking:

4. Haha, this was my initial thought, but it turned out to be a good post. I actually... have no disagreements... :eek:

5. Say what? None? Whatsoever? Wow.

I must be really stoned.:D

6. The military is just an arm of corporate America,

please someone tell me otherwise.

7. If war is a racket the military is just a front.

8. Yeah, war's really beneficial. That's easy to say when you're on the sidelines. I'm pretty sure it's really fun to get sniped or blown up by an IED.

9. Then dont join the military. You dont think wars are beneficial to those who start them?

Come on.

10. Did you just blame Rumsfield for the Clinton Administration giving N.Korea what they ended to make nukes?

11. Yes, and i blame Clinton just as much.

I thought there was no difference between republicans and democrats?

12. Why the fuck are we still debating over who's to blame for all this shit? Isn't it apparent every single one of the little slimebags are corrupt little bitches who are trading in human life and welfare for some quick bucks? Shit...... Some people still criticize me for dealing weed and apparently "ruining peoples lifes"..... Take a look at who's running the country, douchebag!

13. Fight war, not wars.

14. The thing that pisses me off the most is how we don't fight wars anymore. We go destroy buildings with laser precision bombs, send in the marines to cleanup the scraps then we are stuck being policemen for the next 50 years. Avoid war as long as possible but when you do go to war.... salt the earth.