The beginnings of a problem...help!

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by paestum, May 31, 2022.

1. Hi there,
    So just noticed today that some of my plants (2 weeks into flowering) are starting to show signs of either root rot or nutrient burn... I tend to think root rot as the leaves on one plant are shriveling up.
    My usual course of action is to empty and sterilize the tank. Soak the roots in hydrogen peroxide and then refill the tank with Piranha and Revive from Advanced Nutrients. I then put two ice packs in to keep the water cool.

The water is relatively clear and not smelly. The roots are not totally tangled up nor smelly either... I just fed them 2 days ago hence the color... I'm not sure if I should add nutrients back.

FYI this is an Aerogarden Farm, 2.5 gallons/10l per tank. Week 6 of autoflower.

The last plant is the one that looks like it's in trouble.

Is there anything you would do or do differently?

Thanks! IMG_0759.jpg IMG_0760.jpg IMG_0761.jpg IMG_0762.jpg IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg

2. Just my thoughts, I would start by “rinsing” the roots with a few gallons of plain distilled water. This will help to remove any salts that might be clinging to the roots. Do this by first soaking them in the distilled, then place the roots in a small strainer for support and pour the water over them. Next remove the ice packs. I would feed at 50% and if you’re not already start using hydrogen peroxide to control foreign growth.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did you prune all the other leaves off your plants? I'm wondering if the absents of all the photosynthetic tissue is your issue? Also it looks like your lights are point blank close to your plants, I've seen that kind of leave curling when I had my lights on 3 inches away.