Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Beginning of the End

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokabowl, Jan 3, 2010.

1. #1 tokabowl, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
    Well, GC, there you have it. What I knew was the inevitable from day one, has finally caught up with me. It is time for me to challenge myself to do the right thing. I am going to change my life around, and get back on the right track. I have hurt to many for to long to continue on.

I am a 18 year old who has abused weed just as badly as the next guy. Smoking weed has been my entire life for over a year now, and has come before pretty much everything in my life, including my family and social life (to some extent, however I barely hang with anyone who doesnt smoke daily). I had fun at first, but its getting out of hand. I knew it was time to change when I realized my highs were almost not as clean anymore. They seemed less fun and enjoyable, almost more like a fix, although I still definitiyl smoke only by choice. Anyway, I don't need to explain myself, most of you know exactly what I'm talking about, while some can even relate.

I plan to use the new years as an excuse for a resolution, and thus have began my journey. I have searched GC for the perfect answer to my problems, but could not find exactly what would work for me. Most solutions were still to broad (as I know I will look for every little loophole to smoke, even if I know I shouldn't be). Today I believe I have discovered the solution. It is extremely simple, yet seems so perfect.
    For the rest of my senior year I am only going to smoke on weekends.
    This will hopefully get my life back on track, as it will not interfere with job, family or school work at all, or at least much less.

I chose this rather than completely quitting because I know smoking doesn't lead to failure, and you can easily be very successful while getting high. It's those, like myself, that abuse weed and let it get out of hand. Those are the ones who have problems in life. Smoking only on weekends will make me just like every other teen. We smoke and enjoy it when we can, and don't let it get in the way.

Sorry for the long post, and most likely dragging on this simple task. But to me it is a huge deal and one of the greatest steps I have taken in a long time, and I know it will not be easy.

I don't have a specific question or comment for you to respond to, just wanted to post it up. Feel free to comment or whatever.
    I may post how its going along the way depending on how bored I get from not smoking:rolleyes:

hopefully i stay strong and really see how to enjoy life and make it that much better with the mary jane.:wave::smoking:

edit: actaully i haven't looked into how smoking on weekends is going to work out, so anyone only smoke on weekends, wanna share how thats working out? thanks

2. Here is how to know if youve got a problem.

1) can you go on without it?

2) is it getting in the way of your getting shit done

3) Is it negatively affecting your relationships?

4) are you spending all of your disposable income on getting high ?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes then honestly I would reccommend you take a year off to get your mind right and mature a bit. Weed seems to me like an amplifier for emotions so if you are in a bad way, smoking more will only make it worse. Herb is here for us to use. Not abuse.

Keep your head up kid.

3. I feel yeah man. My New Years resolution is to smoke less like a bowl or 2 a day if that just because of school and such.