The beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SmokeyMcPott, Jan 12, 2014.

1.  [SIZE=10pt]I just wanted to write this to say how amazing I think it is that through the steadfast determination of countless people we have been able to fight through a prohibition and come out of it on top. It is not something that happens very often and I'm extremely glad I'm around to see this.[/SIZE]

Seeing the videos on the news of people lining up on the 1st of January to buy RECREATIONAL cannabis gave me indescribable pleasure, its history in the making. The fact that adults can go into a store and buy weed without having to have a reason other than they enjoy smoking marijuana and getting high is amazing. And that is something that should be respected. 

The stigma behind marijuana is dissolving and more and more people are beginning to see through the propaganda that has enveloped this plant that is far less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes. 
    This is just the beginning, lets continue to pull back the covers of the prohibition and expose the bullshit that's hiding underneath so marijuana's medicinal properties can be fully unlocked and so it can be shared and enjoyed freely by everyone on earth.

Hopefully Australia will follow America's lead in the near future.

2. I would hope you guys and the rest of the world adopt something more along the lines of what Uruguay is doing - take the money out of it and a lot of the problems associated with weed resolve themselves.  What's going on in WA and CO is a mockery of what "legalization" should be.  Something is wrong when "legal" weed is more expensive than street weed, even when taxes are considered. 

3. Agreed! take the money and greed out and make it affordable to everyone and we will be giving cannabis as gifts just as we have given the finest sea salt as gifts for ages. there is no black market for sea salt, as far as I know??

4. well Legal whiskey is more expensive (usually, if you aint buying the cheap shit) than illegal whiskey.

5. Well, I'd suggest laying off the whiskey long enough to consider whether you prefer to pay $10 an eighth or $70 as we progress into a legal market. 

6. #6 Frank_S, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    In a legal market it would make sense that an illegal whiskey would cost more than the massed produced legal whiskey. Now put it in a system that is fully illegal and watch the price sore of all whisky. And BTW here the illegal moonshine is pretty much free if you got the gut to drink it. The you get what you pay for. Making whisky is a pain and the only reason anyone (99.9% all ways got one somewhere.) does it is for the fun of it.  Small hand crafted beers will cost more than Coors.  

7. You seem to be forgetting though that the government taxes the hell out of legal wiskey and there are limits onto how potent it can be, here in florida, it's illegal to sell anything over 151 proof, I've had alot of moonshine for 5-10 dollars a mason jar that's over that. But more expensive or less expensive, it doesn't matter it's a culture thing here in the south when you drink shine it's jsut like smoking pot basically sending a message to the government that they can't tell us what we can and cant ingest!

8. I am not forgetting the tax. It gets paid along with the booze. Not all states have the 151 rule some have none. I dont think the government is getting the message if the stuff the southerners are doing is illegal and you hide to do it. I am not following your logic. Sorry. 

9. #9 blunts420days, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    They know we do it man it's just like the weed, they know. Thats like saying the government doesnt know people smoke weed lol.

And even if they didnt its the principal, I think it was Thomas jefferson that said it is our duty as citizens to break unjust laws

10. It is a massive step, no doubt, and it is definitely worth rejoicing. But the fight is not over, proponents of keeping marijuana a schedule 1 drug here in the US are coming out of the woodwork, and they have big money behind them. It's going to take a lot of work, but I believe if we keep at it we can end this prohibition. 

11. There needs to be a free market to pot and not all these regulations on this magnificent plant.

12. you can grow and it will be free to you. everyone needs to take that concept and act, it will be free to everyone...

13. It is not free. It cost .68 cents a gram last grow. LOL The most common price paid for pot is FREE. Marijuana is the only drug in the world that the so called addicts just give it away.  Puff puff pass my friend. I think the fastest way to a legal market is for everyone to be open and admit to using it. WAY to many closet smokers. 

14. did you pay the sunlight .68 cents a gram?

15. Nope. The nute company. 

16. #16 Galaxy420, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014

I'd be giving it to anyone who asked if in a place to do so, wouldn't last long in our society with our current thinking though, will be incarcerated for sure  ):  at least the folks who I had given it to would receive direct benefit and maybe even help with their illnesses. would be totally worth it  !!

17. #17 Headphones, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    This whole "we should do as Uruguay" thing is silly. America is much bigger and believe it or not, people think it should be regulated somewhat. I'm fine with how CO and WA have changed their laws, its not a "joke" at all its progress. Its a joke to assume that everyone smokes, everyone will grow, and everyone will share weed with each other. Its kind of a joke that you think something so amazing as pot that does a whoolllle lot more than get you high would not be utilized in business because you consider it "greed."

Allow me to add that I agree with the 25% tax. I think the states should see an all encompassing improvement in their daily lives because of then policy change. roads being repaired, money in education. Yeah its a plant but I think the collective should benefit from collective decision to legalize, not just smokers. it incentivizes other states to follow. If you believe in being good to people than you have to have some faith in a tax system and regulation. if its too expensive and you'd rather only help yourself then grow I guess.