The beginning of spider mites week 6 flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Janes woods, May 14, 2019.

1. so on 3 plants out of 8 I have started to see the white specks of dust on the leaves quickly found out its from spider mites so I start checking and in between small lower nodes let it been know I’ve lollipoped a lot but little starting of webs and like to the best of my ability I’ve seen maybe 5 actually mites

I took all of my plants out of the grow space cleaned the grow space cleaned all the trays cleaned all of the pots with bleach I went through every plant and took off all fan leaves and normal leaves that had the spots. Some small leaves had webbing started at the stems sprayed them all down looked for all the little webbing I could see and washed them away.

Because I caught them early do I have any chance of survival before harvest or am I dead in the water should I just chop them all down

2. Have you got yourself an loupe with a magnification of 30x and looked under the leaves? for the two spotted mite and the eggs and webbing.
    if so spray the undersides of leaves with 200ml 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with 800ml water, this will kill them and is safe to use when in flower .
    Spray again in 4-5 days to catch any new hatchlings. bug15.jpg bugs6.jpg

3. Are you sure the alcohol won’t affect the buds

4. Hydrogen Peroxide isn't alcohol, it's very safe to use. Worst it would be if not diluted is bleach the leaves i'd guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok but I also need to know like I just went down to my space and like there’s 100 of leaves and even if it’s one they are there can I spray the whole plants with this diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide or only the leaves

6. Because some of the bugs are on the leaves near the crowns so like it’s hard to just hit the leaves

7. Spray everywhere especially under the leaves. The hydrogen peroxide works because the extra oxygen atom makes it acidic for living things, it won't hurt the buds at 1 to 4 dilution . I know this because i used it a 1 to 1 dilution and nearly fried the plant , but it survived, have a look at what happened here- wombat#, Feb 24, 2019

8. oh, and i think using the isopropyl alcohol spray so late was a mistake, it probably affected the trichomes adversely.