The Beginning of LB1

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by OldSkool1010, Sep 5, 2007.

1. :eek: ARGH the pressure!

I have decided to harvest part of my hermie and let the rest mature in hopes of making a few seeds. I cut about 2/3 of the plant and hanged it up to dry. Still a little green so I haven't trimmed any of it yet to get a yield. The remaining plant does not show any signs of harm. the branches I took were pretty woody and didn't bleed much after being cut so all is good for now.
    [​IMG]

2. I did pretty good with this plant that turned hermie on me. 1.78 oz. in the jar weight and I only cut 2/3 of the plant. I'm liking this a lot!

[​IMG]

3. Since my hermie was trying to revegetate, I decided to put the remaining part of the plant back in the growbox to mature and hopefully make a few seeds.
    [​IMG]

4. Growing grass is a great hobby, I'm having a blast and staying buzzed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. floridas where its at!

6. I have jumped the shark. I have built a bubble bucket and am going to try growing in it.

[​IMG]

7. Best of luck, I'm fairly new to Florida, and new to growing. Hope mine turns out as well as your did.

8. Good luck. MJ does best when flowering in lower humidity and temps. Plan your grow backwards from harvest around the first frost (if you are in a frost zone) or at least temps in the 50's. My best harvest flowered from Oct. to Dec.

I did have one big plant last year..well two, but going forward I'm keeping them smaller and LST'd My outdoor grow this summer will be to make clones for my fall flowering.

9. I'm surprised the hydro clone was doing as well as it was. I checked the pH this afternoon and it was 7.5 EC was still good at 2.6

I brought the pH down to 6.0 and decided to let it stabilize before bringing down to 5.8 It took 50 mL of vinegar in 2.5 gal solution to get it down.

Using House & Garden Aqua Flakes A & B to specs for week one on their grow calculator.

The plant is making new growth but the tips of the older leaves are browning.

10. Getting my stock ready for this year's main grow. I have seven seeds, 3 from one source, JB, and 4 from another, KB planted in peat pellets and one rockwool cube along with three clones from a sativa-type plant growing since Nov. 24. I don't know how good this bud is going to be since the momma is just flowering. I'm a little concerned because the buds (lots of em) don't smell and they're not sticky at all. If the harvest sux, I'll just trash those clones.

My other new clone, All-In-One is my entry into hydroponics. I don't know if this will survive, but it is supposed to have come from some killer, government issue strain.

I also took another three cuttings from my flagship plant, LB1. Even those cuttings smelled and left my hand sticky when I cloned them. This is definitely a strain I'm keeping for my fall harvest.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. I saw that you do have a grow box, but are you doing the majority of your growing inside or out. I noticed many of your plant shots are outside. Was just curious. Doing mine indoors because of increased control and have no where to do it outside without drawing unwanted attention. Plus as i just started around Jan 25 I guess they would have gone right into flower? First grow so still learning.

12. so u named your plants Lebron james and Michael jordan?

13. I do a hybrid type of grow. I vegetate indoors during the spring, fall and winter and flower outside. During the summer I (am going to) grow outside, sex indoors and vegetate the female clones and then flower outside again in the fall when temps and humidity are good for bud formation.

I do like to take everyone outside on nice weekends, so long as it doesn't mess up the circadian rhythm.

Good luck on your grow. I think that the plant responds to the cycle rather than the length of the days/nights. If you're able to plant outside in Jan. then it will grow and stay in the veg. state until June 21-21. It may preflower in early june like mine did that grew outside from seed.

14. No, LB1 is named after my son, the gardener who gave me the initial buds containing the seed. JB is my son in law's initials and he gave me those seeds from prime bags he has bought (he smokes more than I can keep up with by gifting my surplus so far) and KB is because these are supposed to be seeds from Killer Green Buds.

15. Very nice grow/s! I'm planning my own this spring (live up north). What kind of soil/ferts are you using in your pots??

16. Nothing special and by some accounts, absolutely horrible. I buy generic potting soil, peat moss and composted cow manure (Timberline from Home Depot, but that's just 'cause I shop there and that's what they have). My native soil is very sandy, made up of old seabed, so I don't need vermiculite for drainage. I mix equal parts and fill my buckets or pots. I use the same mix for tomatoes and peppers.

For fertilizer, I shake about 1/3 cap full of Osmokote continuous release fertilizer and work it into the top few inches of soil. One application fertilizes all through vegetation and I only supplement the Phosphorus during flower using Shultz liquid plant food 10-15-10.

I vegetate clones indoors for about 8 wks. then set them out to flower. I get a harvest in about 5 months from cutting, but I have them staggered so I'm really flowering and vegetating and starting seeds all at the same time...but then I have a 12 month growing season.

You have a whole different growing condition so your main grow should go out as early as possible. Most northern growers start seeds or cuttings indoors to get a jump on the season. Seedlings can grow for a month or better in a 16-18 oz. Solo cup under fluorescent lights, hell I grow to maturity under CFLs. Then when you're sure there is no danger of frost, or when they outgrow their space, transplant to their final home. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. 5 gallon buckets grow plants that are too big for me to conceal so I keep the pot smaller and train the plants down to make a shrubbery.

One thing I do that may (or may not) help is I use rainwater and collected condensation (really high humidity here) to water my garden. I never worried about pH until just recently but I tested the water and it is neutral.

Good luck!

17. I harvested the last 1/3 of my plant that popped male flowers that I had let mature in my growbox in hopes of making seeds.
    While trimming the buds I found 1 for real seed and one thing that kinda might want to have become a seed. Hopefully there will be others.

The yield of this second harvest (of the same plant) is 1.14 oz. That, added to the initial yield of 1.78 oz. makes 2.92 oz total buddage.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I have just harvested the last of my Winter garden and my son has the next LB1 flowering under his 400W MH light. He's saying another month and a half, but I'm thinking less.

I have a new strain that I started from seed back in November getting ready to finish up soon and another LB1 starting to flower.

The All-In_One experiment is going well. The plant has a huge root structure and is growing almost visibly. I have three each of the SAT#2 clones and LB1 clones rooted and growing nicely as well.

[​IMG]
    All - In - One DWC experiment and clones in growbox

[​IMG]
    Two new unsexed seedlings started Feb. 24 08

[​IMG]
    Waiting in the wings, SAT#2 (right) and LB1 (left)

19. Time flies when you're having fun. It's been a long time updating this so here goes.

The summer has been a little lean. It had gotten to the point where I was down to 1/2 oz and had to cut off the kids. I harvested one plant in May and another in August so I have been self sufficient for over a year.

My timing for my fall harvest was a little off. I lost three nice LB1 plants to some fungus infection that ran wild during the hot humid months. In spite of that I still have a pretty decent harvest coming and the start of next January's crop going.

[​IMG]
    This is the garden

[​IMG]
    G13 clone that re vegetated from last crop in February. At least I was told it is a g13

[​IMG]
    Another G13 clone that's a few weeks later than the one above

[​IMG]
    Two Ice seedlings planted in July and a Power Skunk feminized and LB2 sprouts with 1st set of leaves. LB2 is a seed I made from a hermi

20. BOTH of the Ice seeds turned out to be male. I have one segregated and living with a blueberry female clone. I don't know what kind of seed I'll get from a ICE/Blueberry cross but I hope they'll be good.

Ice is a cross of: Afghani X Skunk X Northern Lights X Shiva

I'm feeling a little like Dr. Frankenstein...wonder what monsters the seeds will make.