My first grow began with a brace of buds that my step-son gave me from a hydroponic grow he had finished in his closet. Apparently there was a male (or hermi) which had matured before it was discovered, and it had fertilized three of the flowers in the buds I got. So while this is basically bag-seed, I have named this particular strain of MJ LB1 in honor of the gardener who gave me the buds. I dried and smoked the buds and saved the three seeds for a while, and then on a whim, and because I was running out of smoke and was already germinating tomato seeds, I decided to plant one into a peat pellet and let it sprout around the last weekend in March. I don't have any photos of the early stages because I really didn't expect the seedling to thrive. My wife tended it along with the tomatoes and several weeks later it was ready to go into a pot. I transplanted it into a 10" pot and put it out among the peas. ...where it thrived. After a while, I was getting excited about supplying myself with the herb and not having to score so I began thinking of long term supplies. I decided to keep the plant alive by taking cuttings. Note that these cuttings are already rooted. I rooted them for two weeks in solo cups before putting them into these containers. A month later (July 28) the cuttings were growing well and I took another two cuttings. This way, I'm thinking I can keep a constant state of harvest over time. Also found a volunteer growing at the edge of the patio. I had a mixed bag of seeds that I had been trying to sprout but I guess they were too old and uncared for. My son-inlaw had a frisbee full of them that he kept when cleaning his stuff and he poured a bunch into a baggie. I guess I dropped it in the grass and it started growing. When my wife showed it to me I dug it up and put it into its own bucket (on the right).